• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cam Sprocket Mod

gradon

NAXJA Forum User
So my stroker made its own continuously variable valve timing via the cam sprocket half-teeth mod:
dscn7235.jpg

dscn7237.jpg

dscn7238.jpg

dscn7236.jpg

CVE - Continuously Variable Engine

It was running great when it left me stranded(no hints of this happening before). No rebuild--I'm just gonna drop the pan, make sure the oil pump screen is good and all the metal is out and throw a new dual roller timing set on. The cam and crank spin freely. After a bit of research, it seems that single rollers don't like the added pressure from the bigger springs. Anyhow, 2.5 years and 35K before a "major" issue is fine in my book for a first engine build(can't count the typical xj issues). It takes all the abuse I throw its way and if some part can't take it, then it's got to go.

Really?? You may want to consider at least a tear down and cleanout with new bearings. All that metal is IN your motor. My guess is another major issue soon....like rods knocking :D

Back