• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd idle issue

W1zardofozz

NAXJA Forum User
Don't know which place to post this, sorry!

I made a video but I'll also do text to break it down a bit better (sorry for the fans from my heater, I'd recommend turning the volume down)

Info: 1997 Cherokee Sport. I do have a CEL for two bad o2 sensors

Around 15 seconds, I press the gas pedal and hold it steady. But the idle bogs down and when I let off the gas it stalls. It bogs down in drive, and will go down to low idle but only stalls in reverse.

I start it right back up and it started hard. It's cold outside so that's probably it.

Near the end I stomp the pedal but don't hold it down and it seems good but is stop problematic.

Throughout the video, my idle is very unsteady where it dips down slightly

https://youtu.be/ounWG2SxZFA

I looked at the PCM connections and they're all pristine. I suspect there's a short somewhere but I'd like some other input as well.

Keep up the awesome work NAXJA, love this forum

Fix any known issues, and see if the other symptoms clear up. If not, perform the necessary diagnostics to find the cause of the remaining symptoms.

Back