• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First time poser... I mean poster

AppleValleySlim

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a long time lurker, that's finally decided to post up a "HEY".

I've met/ bought parts off, a handfull of you but figured I should intro myself to the masses.

I've got a '92 XJ that I bought off here a few months back. (I think someone dubbed it the Fruit loop-mobile heh heh) 4.0, AW4, 30 & 35 with Detroits, now sittin at 6" lift with Edlebrock shocks, (Black?) Coils, a new leaf pack and shackles, RE Trac & LCA's. Rollin' on 33" Super Swampers, aftermarket cat back exhaust. Korda's old front bumper (and alot of other parts) CB, Hood vents, Fenders trimmed, yada yada yada.

I've got an '89 XJ Jeepspeed project that is gutted for cage work and the motor is torn down for a rebuild.

I also have an '05 TJ and tha' Mrs drives an '06 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi.

No first post is complete without the obligatory poser pic's.

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

I can't take credit (blame) for the paint job, I bought it like that... But it's kind'a growin on me.

Ride'on,

~C!~

WELOME!!!

I remember seeing that thing for sale. One of kind!

Glad to see your a multi-Jeep family. My wife is a TJ driver as well.

You should get out on the trails with us soon!

There is a Big Bear run in July. There is a Calico run the same day. Either will be fun!

See you on the trails!

for a minute I thought the taggers got the rocks then your vehicle but it is a nifty job.

welcome and hope to meet you on the trail someday

4xSanta said:
what color do ya call that?....

That would be Compton Camo ....:shocked:

I like it though, seriously.... easy to fix after you drag it across a few rocks...

rpraterxj said:
That would be Compton Camo ....:shocked:

WINNER!

That's the best description I've heard yet!

The beauty is... If I scratch it... I really don't give a_____!

Thanks for the welcomes and I'll definately get out for a group run soon.

I live up in the Hi Dez so within 30 minutes I can be in Stoddard, Big Bear, Cleghorn, Calico... Or play in the hill's just out my backdoor where the above pic's were taken.

Ride'on,

~C!~

AppleValleySlim said:
I live up in the Hi Dez so within 30 minutes I can be in Stoddard, Big Bear, Cleghorn, Calico... Or play in the hill's just out my backdoor where the above pic's were taken.
Ride'on, ~C!~

Yea, yea, rub it in.....

I am at least 1 1/2 hours from those places. The closest thig to me is Santiago Peak.. and I have never been there!

Hey AVS, Like yourself, I also live in the HD on the west side. I try to make it to cleghorn at least a couple times a month. Hell, last week alone I was there 3 times. Now skwerly and Kracker I think they have a house up there some where and are not sharing.

Just keep your eyes open, someone always posts runs on a whim. And Robert is right, "compton camo" is definately the color. Hey, maybe kracker can add some purple, "the new chrome"...

hey -CRASH- whats up, we got to go wheelin, soon..//:jester:

rpraterxj said:
Yea, yea, rub it in.....I am at least 1 1/2 hours from those places. The closest thig to me is Santiago Peak.. and I have never been there!

I was born and raised in Orange County (Irvine, Huntington, Laguna Niguel, Garden Grove) but 3 years ago we cashed out during the housing boom and moved up the hill. Bought a big house on a couple of acres for half what we sold our OC house for. We like it here and don't miss the traffic at all!

As XJ Kev eluded, my knickname is "CRASH!" (But there was already one here so I had to come up with a new one)

Here ya go Savage, just took these a minute ago.

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

Previous owner dude painted a white XJ with gray and orange camo, then laid palm leaves over the bodywork and sprayed black. Pretty neat effect actually and I bet it took awhile to do. He left the roof white, I ass-ume because the darker color would make the interior heat up.

The interior was tan (and woodgrain) but there was no carpet & headliner. I gutted the other XJ (Jeepspeed project) and put it's gray interior into this rig.

Last week I made some white face gauges... I was bored and it was free bling.

IMG_2043.jpg

They're just printed on glossy photopaper and stuck with a little Elmers, so if I don't like them I can take them off somewhat easily. They're alright, so I guess I should paint the rest of my needles red. I made templates for each gauge so now I can change the look whenever I feel like it.

Ride'on,

~C!~

and would that template to ever become readily available my email address is [email protected] :D

The paint is awesome. I'm gonna have to due some looking to see what other leaves might work as we don't have palm trees up here in Canaduh lol

GENIUS idea on the guages, that's pretty hawt! I have a custom "there is too much damn dust on mine to read them anyhow" look on my guage glass, which i'm not too fond of, but it keeps coming back! (hahahaha).

I'd adjust the numbers on the tach so that it read like 10,000 RPM when your at 3,000.

Back