• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thank You Colorado!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
We had an awsome week in Ouray!Loved the town and all the folks that make it run.The trailer park was one of the best kept Ive ever stayed at.We ran all the trails and was really impressed with how CLEAN everything was VS how trashed some of our trails are(shamefull).Black Bear was the rage,theres no way to describe that!Unfortunately I only saw a couple XJ's,one white one from Texas running about 6" and 35's and a Utah plate with about 4.5" and 33's.We did see a green XJ w/ AZ plates in NM on the way back!
Anyway, thanks again for having us!
Btw,we had 7 Jeep's show up with a couple of Toyota's showing up late in the week.

Last edited:
nopics.gif

Well we took almost 1500 pics,but heres a couple!
Pam and the grandkids at Clear Lake:
p1000758.jpg

Black Bear dropping in:
p1010356.jpg

One of the switchbacks:
p1010383.jpg

Top of Imogene:
p1010521.jpg

Bottom of Imogene:
p1010568.jpg

Ledges on Poughkeepsie:
p1010597.jpg

Above Como Lake:
p1010602.jpg

RCP Phx said:
One of the switchbacks:
p1010383.jpg

That's not just one of the switchbacks...... that is THE switchback! That's the tightest, steepest one on the way down. I hated that one - having Detroits full time front and rear makes that turn, well, entertaining! :shiver:

I'll be running Black Bear at the end of this month and I've been reading about that switchback. That looks nervewracking, and pictures never do things justice either...

YELLAHEEP said:
That's not just one of the switchbacks...... that is THE switchback! That's the tightest, steepest one on the way down. I hated that one - having Detroits full time front and rear makes that turn, well, entertaining! :shiver:

it was a normal 3-point turn for me a few weekends ago. the 4th switchback down was tighter and more off-camber IMO

IntrepidXJ said:
it was a normal 3-point turn for me a few weekends ago. the 4th switchback down was tighter and more off-camber IMO

I don't know the switchbacks by number - but that pic sure seems like the one I remember struggling with. All my front tires wanted to do was slide down toward the edge. I had bad turning radius in 4wd, and when I swapped to 2 low, it just let the front tires slide rather than bite and turn.

But it's still a great trail and I'll be back someday.

bowcool2.gif

morepics.gif

LOVE the San Juans!!!!!!!
Havent been in 2 years.
crying.gif

me---->
deadhorse.gif
<----wife

REQUIRED SHOT...
(my buddy Terry]
Picture42x.jpg

me....
2 pt turn!!!
highfive.gif

Picture43.jpg

with a spotter
shrug.gif

Cant wait till I get to go again.
Picture71.jpg

smilies-22713.png

:bawl: Man it is just not fair that i now live in TN with no views like that

:smootch: Can i live with you!!!!

:shhh: :soapbox: :cheers: :tears: :tears: :tears:

postalxj said:
:bawl: Man it is just not fair that i now live in TN with no views like that

:smootch: Can i live with you!!!!

:shhh: :soapbox: :cheers: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Wow..... Ok...... someone's looking to get banned for excessive use of smilies......

:D

Well heres turn 4!!
p1010396.jpg

Back