• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision gear or Genuine gear

Superior Gear. One of the better brands, IMO. Richmond would be my second choice also.

Then maybe Yukon.

Most call the Genuine, Genuwhine Gear. Must be a reason behind that.

I don't have any comments on Precision.

There are a few threads on different gear brands.

I'll vouch for Precision gear.. I'd rate them on par with Superior.

Avoid genuine..

I have had excellent luck with Precision...in fact, I will be installing some in my 30 and 8.8 this weekend to go in my MJ #2. I have no PERSONAL experience with Genuine.....but some of my acquaintances have a VERY low opinion of them.

MudDawg said:
I have had excellent luck with Precision...in fact, I will be installing some in my 30 and 8.8 this weekend to go in my MJ #2. I have no PERSONAL experience with Genuine.....but some of my acquaintances have a VERY low opinion of them.

Can I Highly recommend Motive for your 8.8. Care to see why?

33460002.jpg

Can you tell which one is Motive and then which is yukon premium. FYI most are like the left. Motive though is a much better pinion, just look at the difference!

oh and PS... DONT DO GENUINE! I hear thier trying to get in the game with the new G2 series but thier up against what Hyundai did. The first cars were such crap that even now with some ungodly warranty they still dont sell to those that remember the first many years of them...

I found that most ALL manufactures / vendors have two lines. Get the more expensive version!

Twisted Customs runs Precision in theri rigs cause the gears last longer.

As for the two pinion shown above the one on the left has a better profile.

Weasel said:
Twisted Customs runs Precision in theri rigs cause the gears last longer.

As for the two pinion shown above the one on the left has a better profile.

:yap: :yap: :yap:

"better profile" for what reduced Major (oops originally posted minor) diameter and neck down? As well as less flange thickness for the crush sleeve area? I have to call BS on that one.....

as well as less material even if it is minor, spanning between the bearing support areas on the shaft...

Last edited:
Back