• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

40th Anniversary Moab October 17th-21st 2023

Alboy97XJ

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
Who all is interested in going? I plan on going as ive never been to Moab yet. For the people that have been on a naxja event how is the flow of running trails? Wondering if i should plan my own trail runs so i can get in as much as possible?

Twinhauler and I are going and we went for the 35th trip.

If you want to make the absolute most out of the trip and run the most trails, plan on doing your own thing. A lot of the runs had quite a few rigs and felt similar to Bronco or Knucklebuster with the whole Renofest group. Lots of stopping and hanging out.

I wheeled by myself before the event officially started and did Fins n Things and Hells Revenge in a day. There was another day that I did Hells revenge with the group and I bailed early because it was taking all day and I didn't feel like waiting around any more after escalator.

It's one of those things where it's cool to hang with people from other chapters and watch people on the obstacles but if your goal is to just run as many trails as possible then solo or small like minded group would be best. Just make sure you make some time for the amazing scenery.

It's one of those things where it's cool to hang with people from other chapters and watch people on the obstacles but if your goal is to just run as many trails as possible then solo or small like minded group would be best. Just make sure you make some time for the amazing scenery.

I agree with the above and recommend a mix of both. While its cool to run a bunch of trails at your own pace, it is nice to meet and wheel with other NAXJA members from across the country. That doesn't mean you couldn't break off and do your own thing too.

The trail ride schedule will likely be determined by the number of rigs attending the event. Given the gradual decline over the years it will be interesting to see how it looks this year.

Keep in mind, there should also be a BBQ/Show-n-shine, and Banquet/raffle, so its really nice to run a trail during the day and do those other things in the afternoon or evening.

So i plan on going but i was thinking of taking the 13th off for the drive and start wheeling that saturday. oct 14th. Anybody else gonna be early and wanna wheel? Im also thinking of booking an airbnb and seeing if people wanna go in on one? Also i will have an open seat if someone just wants to tag along on the trip.

Alan, I am doing the same thing. I have an airbnb with Twinhauler, wife, and their friends.

Seal and I will be there to wheel early and he's leaving before the event.
I know Eric and Art were looking into splitting an airbnb.

Have you checked the Airbnb rates in Moab yet? Be sure you're sitting down when you do! I think Casey got the last one with reasonable rates. If you find one let me know.

You can also look into the cabins at the Koa. Bunch of the BOD stayed there last trip.

So i grabbed the last cabin that was available. Just incase. If i figure out something else ill offer the cabin up on here before I cancel. Ill message you art when i figure out something in the next week or so and see if you wanna get in on it.

Back