• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulsing Accelleration?

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Howdy,
I don't drive my XJ much as it has become the fiance's daily driver for her 8mi round trip commute, though on the weekends I drive it. This past weekend I noticed something odd:

When I pull away from a dead stop while idling the engine seems to pulsate while accellerating. This occurs only until about maybe 15mph when it settles in and drives normally. It's very slight and smooth, but audibly and physically detectable. I'm not sure how long it's been going on, but I would say less than a few weeks. My thoughts were:
1. Injectors dirty??
2. Throttle body dirty??
3. Fuel Filter Dirty??

It's a 99 with about 60K on it and I am well overdue for a fuel filter replacement, but for those of you who know the newer models that is a pain in the ass job that'll consume the better part of your day seeing as the filter is in the tank. Suggestion on where to start? What to diagnose? Thanks,
Tim

Back