• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeeps

XJ-ARNIE

NAXJA Forum User
So, I just joined onto this forum a little while ago, and I figured that you all might want to know a little about me. By that, I do of course mean, my current Jeeps, and their status.

My 97 XJ
green 4 door sport.

-6.5" lift, TNT customs belly pan, control arms, shackles, and trac-bar/drop bracket.
-35" BFG MT's KM2
-working on the axle swaps currently. Dana 70 going in the back, and a dana 60 up front...keeping them full width. (that should stir up some debate)
-sye on the 231, tom woods cv driveshaft.
-jks disco
-various peices of skid row, rusty's and tnt armor
-Warn bumpers front and rear
-9.5ti winch
-oly roof and cargo racks
-cheap unreliable and all around POS homade onboard air.
-brand names such as K&N, Edge, Borla, gibson, helix, optima, and a few others under the hood.

Shes got balls, but i need to get these axles in their, and then lock them. Anyone have any leads on a good dana 60 front end? maybe a 70 if i could find one...

OH yeah, and my dd. 98 grand cherokee. thats it....noting really. just a jeep looking for an NV4500 to swap into it. ("one day its gonna do jeepspeed" thats what i keep telling myself.)

Welcome! Check out the Winterfest thread and we hope to see you there. :thumbup:

I have a D60 w/ driver side drop that I might part with. It is not set up for an XJ yet, but is a good unit to start with. PM me if interested.

Also, THANKS for joining!

WELCOME

that nice long post about your cool XJ with no pics :dunno:

sorry those pics are so small...I dont know how that happened. But you can click on them and go to the photobucket if you like.

Nice Rigs Arnie. I am partial to Green XJ's like that. My old 97 and my 95 are both dark green!

thanks alot guys! Im gonna need some help in the near future. Im tyring to get a dana 70/60 setup swaped in before winterfest.

Welcome Arnie.
Nice looking rigs there. If I wasnt so darn far away(south side of the city, just into Indiana) I would give ya a hand some weekend.
Might I ask what brand of Canopy you have there in your sig? Or is it something you fabed up?

Phil

well, interesting question. That canopy is a 20x30 from farm and fleet. just kind proped it up when it started raining so i wouldnt get to wet reinstalling my t-case. lol. its a jeep tent, and it worked great. I might bring one with me on every run from now on.

Yeah just curious. I have a cheapy extension i bought from Dicks Sporting Goods and its nice and long but way too narrow. When I went camping this past August it rained the first night we arrived at our Campground and it's a good thing I brought it with since we needed some shade. It is a good thing to have with "just in case".

I am thinking of a way to design my own. Perhaps some collapsable poles with spiral type ends to stick in some rings on the edges of the canopy. I've been checking Cabela's and other outdoor places. I would use it for the same purpose as you, keeping rain off my head when camping and such.

Did it take you very long to set up? And how did you attach it to your roof rack?

Last edited:
well, it took all of about 20 minutes to set up. I used residential electric conduit as poles. I slipped a giant nail or a bolt into the hole of the tarp, then into the conduit. It got zip-tied to my roof rack, and the rest kind just happened. Read my singniture, I dont really remeber that day to well. lol. but i would suggest amking some kind of telescoping pole....and a bag of zipties. Bo guy a 20x30 tarp and go from there. the rest should just kinda happen like it did for me. haha

Hey, since I saw your XJ, I have a few stuff I wanted to add

Yours looks to be 97 or newer but I see that you have the front axle shafts swapped in with a CV joints (thats even weaker than the ones that all 97+ came with 297x ujoints)

still running the D35 and stock steering, Idk what your plan but make sure get that rid of before it break on you LOL

otherwise looks like a well accessoriezed Jeep.

its getting a dana 70 and dana 60 swap as we speak. I didnt swap any front end compenents, beilive it or not, thats how it came from the factory.

Back