• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fog lights not working

thesauceman

NAXJA Forum User
:repair: I recently put a doghouse on the front of my wrecked Jeep that has the foglight harness on it, and the light switch(light comes on), and a new relay, along with new fog lights that plug up with factory plugs. They still don't work. Any clues?

OK, a few "just to be sure" kinda things. Headlamp switch ON, foglight switch ON, headlights in LOW beam.

Do you have voltage at the lights? Do you have a good ground? Can you hear the relay cycle as you turn the fogs on/off?

if you cant track down the problem just run new wires. not that hard to do and might even take less time then trying to find the problem

I finally got around to checking it. The relay was clicking so I checked the wire harness from main light harness connection in the engine compartment to the lights. The main connector has been thru some miles but wiggling the connector and the harness did the trick. Might have had a pinched wire, who knows? Thanks for the help!!

Back