• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac line removal....

xjeepster

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, anyone know how the AC lines come off the evaporator on a 98 grand cherokee they look like they are pressed together... what tool should be used? thanks

Go to an autoparts store like advanced, in the tool aisle will be a tool that looks like x shaped scissors with some adapters, bout $5 or so...it unsnaps them..
You replacing the evaporator and if so is it the same 'remove the dash 8 hour job' as on the XJ ?

yep, hard as F***!!!!!!@#! lol, i just ended up cutting the air box.... i literally have the whole dash out and i still couldnt figure out how the hell to get the box open, soo i whipped out my dremel and bam im done lol.... well im not done, i still have to put back in the new evap and evacuate/recharge the system, patch the box, and install EVERY single bolt that goes in the front of that bad boy.... i will take pictures and post later.... BTW i went to auto zone and they have these things called quick diconnect tools in a 4 pack that work alot better than thoose scissor jobs.... thanks for the response tho....

I'm still waffling, deadline the XJ and use the TJ and do the dash myself in the evenings or take it and have it done...need a couple of more side networking jobs..

Back