• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Removal - Transmission Line

critik

NAXJA Forum User
I have a quick question regarding removing a radiator in a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport (4.0L I6).

I've managed to remove both the primary hoses for the radiator, and one of the transmission lines (the lower one). They both have similar connectors with ears. I got the lower line out no problem. However, the upper one has a connector, but not in the same place. It is hooked up to the radiator via a metal tube that is threaded into the top of the radiator. I haven't been able to disconnect the connector with ears. I've tried pliers, everything, but it doesn't budge. Does anyone have any recommendations for this? The metal tube is threaded, can I just remove that, or is it supposed to be part of the radiator unit itself?

Take a look at this pic
temp.jpg

That's from this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61951 and it sounds like you're describing the same thing. If that's it, you can unscrew it from the radiator. If there's ANY gunk or sludge in the ears of the QD fitting it will not open to allow you to separate it. Use a can of WD-40 with the little red nozzle hose and clean out the QD with that.

Back