• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ Daily Driver/Trail Rig

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm going to try selling my DD/Trail Rig since I have other projects going on right now. Here are some specs on it...

-1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport-129,000 miles. Have run synthetic oil since I got it at 83k.
-Salvage title (minor evidence of the repair is noticeable. A half dollar size chunk of bondo has flaked away in each rear quarter panel, and the rocker panels are getting thin, other than that the paint is in good shape)
-Trimmed and folded fenders and no fender flares. Front has had Trim-Lok installed to cover sharp edges.
-4.0L engine, AW4 transmission 4 speed automatic transmission, NP-231 transfer case all operate flawlessly. Have run synthetic oil through the 4.0L since I got it at 83k.
-6" lift comprised of 4.5" Rough Country coils and a 1.5" spacers in the front and Rough Country 4.5 lift leafs with TNT 1.5" boomerang shackles in the rear. Extended brake lines as well.
-Transfer case drop that has eliminated all vibes.
-4.10 factory geared Dana 30 and 29spline 8.25...steering has been beefed up in the front with a V8 Grand Cherokee tie rod and new track bar. There are no swaybars, however, I have a front one that I will put back on if the buyer so desires.
-The rear axle has been converted to disk brakes using ZJ parts.
-35" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM tires-two have almost full tread, two have half. They're mounted on 15x10 Pacer black steel wheels.
-Grand Cherokee (WJ) leather front seats and leather rear seat out of an older Cherokee, the color is almost identical.
-Privacy glass all the forward (including front windows).

Those are the main details...there are more, but most of the other things are just small changes I've done to it to make it comfortable. This is an XJ that can be and is driven daily, and I trust that it can be for many more years with no issue.

Picture003.jpg

WJSeatsin99001.jpg

Looking to get $3000. If interested, call me anytime between 8am-12am at 515-314-3184 or pm me. I am a student so leave a message if I don't answer.

Thanks,
Collin

Last edited:
Sorry mods, can you move this to for sale for me please?

Hmmm.... mines paid off now, Why you gotta be so far away Collin i might need another one. What are you getting now?

Anyone who doesn't know. He drove this from Des Moines to Indiana to go wheeling and Wheel he did! Good luck with the sale Man!

Hmmm.... mines paid off now, Why you gotta be so far away Collin i might need another one. What are you getting now?

Anyone who doesn't know. He drove this from Des Moines to Indiana to go wheeling and Wheel he did! Good luck with the sale Man!

I'll trade ya! Just curious what is the average MPG on it with 4.10's and 35's?

Last edited:
hmmmm...what's a good halfway point between Des Moines IA and Charlotte NC? :D

Can't believe you're selling my twin...:(

hmmmm...what's a good halfway point between Des Moines IA and Charlotte NC? :D

Can't believe you're selling my twin...:(

You have a Surco too don't you! :D So its our triplet! It does do pretty well I can attest to that! BTW if I had the money Collin i would have bought it already!

Back