• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing My 2021 Calendar

Skipper51

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am starting a thread for NAXJA events we know or suspect will be happening in 2021.
This post can be a place to put confirmed or unconfirmed dates so we can at least pencil in that date into the calendar.
Does anyone have 'an idea' of when things will be happening this year?

Reno Fest: May 28th to May 31st. ??

Sierra Fest: August 13th to August 22nd. ??

:NAXJA: camp spot on the RTF property: ??

Hermit Vally Campground Work Day: ??

Hey Skipper, thank you for bringing all these events up! We’ll be having a BOD call in the next week or so to finalize our main event dates post up the formal announcements.

I can think it’s certainty say the Renofest dates are May 27th to 31st (99% sure our campground reservation starts Thursday the 27th for those who want to arrive that day early, I know I do!)

As for Sierrafest, we’ll discuss dates to post.

For the RTF workday, I’ll need to defer to blondejon who is lead on that front.

The Hermit Valley workday(s) are TBD as well, the winter months pose some communication difficulty as the Forest service folks we work with are seasonal employees so they’re technically off for the season but we still “unofficially” communicate via their personal phones/email but a date still TBD, I’d suspect a June date but when highway 4 re-opens for summer is the driving factor, at how mellow or a winter it’s sadly turning out to be would be favorable for the road opening earlier than normal.

Overall, more to come and thank you for keeping this topic up!

Hey Skipper, thank you for bringing all these events up! We’ll be having a BOD call in the next week or so to finalize our main event dates post up the formal announcements.

I can think it’s certainty say the Renofest dates are May 27th to 31st (99% sure our campground reservation starts Thursday the 27th for those who want to arrive that day early, I know I do!)

The Hermit Valley workday(s) are TBD as well, the winter months pose some communication difficulty as the Forest service folks we work with are seasonal employees so they’re technically off for the season but we still “unofficially” communicate via their personal phones/email but a date still TBD, I’d suspect a June date but when highway 4 re-opens for summer is the driving factor, at how mellow or a winter it’s sadly turning out to be would be favorable for the road opening earlier than normal.

Thank you Mike for the update.

Yes, I thought I hit the nail on the head with the Reno fest dates and it was a total guess on Sierra Fest dates. I do understand that we may need to wait til spring to find out firm dates for the other two workday adventurers.

I think there's a little bit of Cabin Fever going on in my household.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

What’s it like getting a trailer up to Hermit Valley?

Is the trail literally at the campground- green sticker accessible?

Is Reno camping always much distant from the trails?

I want to run Barrett, but might bring the whole family and a non-wheeling family and camp at Wrights Lake. That would probably have to be July or August.

Phil, the deer valley trail does in fact start at the campground right off HW4 (hermit valley campground). I’ve seen dirtbikes go up the trial but I don’t recall if they were plated or not. Side by sides also run the trail.

As far as trailering goes, the campsite is generally spacious enough. The haul up the highway tightens up and the paved road narrows right around lake alpine. There are a handful of steep switchbacks as well (mix of down and uphill).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be out of town Memorial Day weekend. Last year I was at Fordyce, blew up the Dana 35 lock rite and started stacking parts for a 1 tons swap.

What’s it like getting a trailer up to Hermit Valley?

Is the trail literally at the campground- green sticker accessible?

Is Reno camping always much distant from the trails?

Road is narrow at places but totally fine, lot of people trailer up there. Yes deer valley trail literally starts in the campground, green sticker is fine.

Slick rock has changed a ton and you should count on running it as well. Trailer accessible as well.

Mike, will you make a sticky out of the new 2021 schedule for us please?

Back