• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions on moving the negative cable?

JeepComancher

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

After looking at the Wife's 1994 XJ 4.0L H.O., and how beautifully clean the negative battery cable is up there at the front on a bracket to the ignition coil. I want to move the negative connection on my 1990 MJs to the front and prevent further issues due to the bypass of oil.

I do not see anywhere right off the bat where I could put a custom bracket. Curious if anyone has done this. I assume I could get a 4'0L HO bracket and mount on my renix system??

I was simply going to clean the Negative connection at the block, over 30 minutes to remove it, damaged all the other connections. The nut was literally welded to the connections; zip ties, etc to hold everything out of the way just to get down there... I first replaced the starter, still nothing, I checked and had now power to this spot. I drove this one evening 3 weeks ago, then it did nothing in the morning, and I am just know having time to work on it.

Once Jon Kelly gets all settled in and caught up, I will be upgrading all of my Jeeps ground wires.

JeepComancher

P.S. Any leads on the soft-flexible air intake hose? Chrysler is discontinued, I used up the better replacement I had on my other 2 Jeeps. If not, guess it is time for the Spectrum Cold Air Intake System.

Both Jeeps I am working on currently are 1990 MJ Longbed 4.0L Automatics. 2WD has the negative cable issue. 4WD has inlet tube, among other issues.

bond the battery to the fender.

the braided ground strap needs to stay. If it's damaged or corroded it needs replaced with another braided strap.

there are RF reasons for why it is braided and not just a ground cable.

Hello,

After looking at the Wife's 1994 XJ 4.0L H.O., and how beautifully clean the negative battery cable is up there at the front on a bracket to the ignition coil. I want to move the negative connection on my 1990 MJs to the front and prevent further issues due to the bypass of oil.

I do not see anywhere right off the bat where I could put a custom bracket. Curious if anyone has done this. I assume I could get a 4'0L HO bracket and mount on my renix system??

I was simply going to clean the Negative connection at the block, over 30 minutes to remove it, damaged all the other connections. The nut was literally welded to the connections; zip ties, etc to hold everything out of the way just to get down there... I first replaced the starter, still nothing, I checked and had now power to this spot. I drove this one evening 3 weeks ago, then it did nothing in the morning, and I am just know having time to work on it.

Once Jon Kelly gets all settled in and caught up, I will be upgrading all of my Jeeps ground wires.

JeepComancher

P.S. Any leads on the soft-flexible air intake hose? Chrysler is discontinued, I used up the better replacement I had on my other 2 Jeeps. If not, guess it is time for the Spectrum Cold Air Intake System.

Both Jeeps I am working on currently are 1990 MJ Longbed 4.0L Automatics. 2WD has the negative cable issue. 4WD has inlet tube, among other issues.

Fix the oil leak and do this:

http://cruiser54.com/?p=19

Back