• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What vehicles use 10" or 11" electric cooling fan?

Knkn90

NAXJA Forum User
I will like to know what cars use 10" or 11" fans from factory so I can go to my local junkyard and buy 2 for cheap and use them in my Cherokee

Even better will be a pair of shrouded fans

Thanks!

I wouldnt. Two electric fans do not flow near what the stock mechanical fan does. You will essentially cause overheating. Research the triple fan sets that so many have done here....many had overheating issues....with 3 fans.

If you are trying to solve an overheating issue, the factory setup works very well with only one change....csf 3 row brass radiator.

Opinions will vary, but this is mine. I can tell you first hand I have NEVER had an overheat issue on any of my jeeps. They range from stock to stroker motor and 40's. They all have one thing in common....csf radiator and 100% stock cooling system otherwise. And they all run AC on the trail in 100+ degree weather.

...csf 3 row brass radiator.

Good to know even though my current problem is a bad cap on my pressure bottle. I agree that whether you have an open or closed cooling system; if its maintained and working properly managing engine temps is not a problem.

BTW, Parts Train has the 87 - 90 brass unit for under $200 delivered.

Personally I would stick with a OEM replacement radiator, I had nothing but trouble with the many aftermarket radiators that I ran in my old XJ. After about the 5th aftermarket radiator I threw a stock plastic tank one in and it ran perfect. So ever since then I cant recommend any thing but stock, i've had more than a few customers come to me to fix a overheat and after putting a stock radiator in it ran perfect again.

OEM Rad and fans.
Ask me how I know this. Got a set of those triple fans in my junk pile. Nothing but over heating with that junk. Took me a year to get the owner to listen to me about going back to stock. Now he is very happy that he did.

BTW, Parts Train has the 87 - 90 CSF brass unit for under $200 delivered.

Well...tomorrow I'll be installing a new 3 row brass unit I picked up for under $90 to my door.

We shall see...

Back