• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workdays - 2N49, October 25th and 26th

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workdays are October 25th and October 26th on 2N49. The main focus of these days will be taking down overgrown brush on the 2N49 A spur.

Come on out to help us get some work done and earn hours for the end of year volunteer raffle.

The focus for both days will be clearing the 2N49A spur and general trail maintenance.

Map of 2N49

FRIDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Volunteers only. You may camp if you volunteer for Saturday's work, Sunday's work, or both.
NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
The work center is located at North Shore Campground in Lake Arrowhead. No reservations necessary but we must know if you're arriving as we are behind a gate.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25
Meet Point 1 09:00 AM NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER

Meet Point 2 10:00 AM 2N49 NORTH END

You may choose to meet up at the North Shore Work Center or the North end of 2N49. We will start from the North and proceed directly to the 2N49A spur, only stopping for critical maintenance items.

Once we have either completed clearing the A spur or have finished for the day we will proceed back to the North Shore Work Center via 2N49.

SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Volunteers only. You may camp if you volunteer for Saturday's work, Sunday's work, or both.
NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
The work center is located at North Shore Campground in Lake Arrowhead. No reservations necessary but we must know if you're arriving as we are behind a gate.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26
Meet Point 1 09:00 AM NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
Meet Point 2 10:00 AM 2N49 NORTH END

Once again you may choose to meet up at the North Shore Work Center or the North end of 2N49. We will start from the North end of the trail and run the entire trail, conducting necessary maintenance along the way. We will exit at the South end of the trail in San Bernardino.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). 2WD XJ is acceptable with front tow points.
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so I can properly plan. Please state which days you will be doing the maintenance, whether you are camping (and, of course, which nights), and which meeting point you plan to use.

Thank you for your time

Last edited:
It's on my calendar; should be in town that weekend.

David Bricker / SYR

Have a Halloween event with the family on Saturday. If you are camping Saturday night and have an open seat I might be able to go up and camp then work on Sunday.

Have a Halloween event with the family on Saturday. If you are camping Saturday night and have an open seat I might be able to go up and camp then work on Sunday.

You are welcome to do that.

If someone has a spare seat & is leaving from somwhere between Riverside & San Berdoo (or 15 mi in any direction from that path) Sunday a.m. & willing/planning to be back down in time for me to make it back to Temecula by about 6pm Sunday, I'd go along. I will be in Riverside Saturday night/Sunday a.m, with my stepmonster's Fusion, so I will not be running the trail in what I am driving. I need to pick the stepmonster back up in Temecula Sunday evening.

This even is coming up this weekend, folks. Please let me know if your plans so we can know who to watch out for what which staging area. I will also be providing lunch so need a head count.

Thanks!

I'll be coming up for Saturday only. No camping.

I'll meet up with you at the north end of the trail.

Last edited:
Please comment here or on Facebook if you are going and for which day(s). I need to buy food for Saturday and Sunday lunches. The plan is burgers on Saturday, hot dogs on Sunday, chips for both days. BYOBeverage.

Thanks

On the list so far:

Saturday
Jerk
Jerk's wife
Jerk's two kids
Jerk's dad
Beamer
Roxie
David Bricker
Johnny

Sunday
Jerk
Jerk's son
Jerk's dad
Beamer
Roxie

Thanks

The token (upstate) New York contingent will be there. Where is everyone else?

David Bricker / SYR - LAX

When you go shopping, keep my appetite in mind. :eeks1:

Surely Druck would want to feed us in order to get runtime on that new grill of his.

David Bricker / SYR - LAX

I had a good time Saturday. Got some work done, did a little wheeling, saw some familiar faces. Just a shame there wasn't a better turnout.

David Bricker / SYR - YVR

I would've been there if I didn't have prior commitments... =(

Back