• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out four door 1989 Cherokee

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
Automatic 4x4 with inline 6 engine. Power everything. Jeep is in pretty good shape and still runs and drives. Engine does have low compression so am parting it out.

Interior:
Dark blue grey. Front seats (power) are pretty torn up, headliner is sagging. Dash and trim are in good shape. Back seat is in good shape. Passenger side power window does not roll up on its own. Other power window motors work OK.

Exterior:
Front clip and bumper are gone as well as passenger fender. The rest of the body is in very good shape for a 25 year old car. All glass is good except windshield is cracked. Tires look like they have 5-10K miles of life left on them, not dry rotted, but they are kinda small for a Jeep. Aluminum wheels are in good shape. Looking for $250 OBO on rims and tires

Drivetrain:
Motor runs but has low compression, due for a rebuild. Would take $200 for motor without any belt driven stuff, intake manifold or sensors. Transmission is probably due for a rebuild. Transfer case is in good working order. Axles are in good shape without any loud gear noise, but rear dana 35 seems to have some pinion slop. Would take $100 for front axle, $80 for transfer case (NV249 or 242 I think, the full time one), $60 for the transmission, and $60 for rear axle.

Suspension:
Is pretty much crap and would not sell it to anyone. Steering is OK but has a leak at pump I think.

If I didn't put a price on the part you need then make me an offer. Whatever does not sell in the next 2 months will make its way to the scrapyard.

For pics check out the Naxja Arizona chapter on facebook or PM me your number and I will send them to your cell phone.

Sorry front axle is sold.

All I have left is:

The gas tank with fuel pump.

The dana 35 rear axle.

Drivers front and rear door and passenger rear door.

Driver fender.

Still have the inline 6 with low compression if anyones looking for a core to rebuild

AW4

transfer case (believe its a 231 but will have to double check.

rear driveshaft

stock rear bumper

tan rear seat in very good shape

2 stock electric fans.

A headliner that needs to be redone

Assorted window glass

If you need anything PM me. Pretty reasonable on prices.

Back