• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring Creek this afternoon

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Heading up to Spring Creek in a couple hours with a few other friends to give the XJ the first run on new Clayton's suspension...Almost did not have a jeep since the rear exhast exit was a bit to close to the axle truss ,and got pushed up during up travel on some parking lot flex ,and was pointing right on the fuel tank above the skid and heated up the plastic and then the exhaust tip poked through the tank ...i found this at the gas station when i filled it up and gas started pouring out...got it home using tire plugs ...but it's fixable for the weekend...i think i'm going to just cut off the exhaust and do a belly dump since there is to much stuff in the way out back now . I'll be running down to Denver to meet the group then heading up to Spring Creek , So if you see me feel free to join ...you really can't miss my XJ , So if you see a very wide white XJ with ER on it with 40's it's me .

I'd love to head up there but I've got to work on the International today.

You finaly get it back from crane??? I saw it in there on Wednesday and they had it close to being finished they said

Yep , got it back ,but few small quirks I need josh to remedy b4 another run ...But once those are fixed it will be very capable for being a full bodied XJ the traction of new set up at about 107 plus the coils is no comparison to the leafs they replaced ...none.

I've got drill this weekend but should be free the last 2 weekends of July. Just a matter if I can get a tow but I'm sure my buddy from work would be more than willing to ride along and tow me down there.

Friday night is good, just not this Friday as its my kid's birthday. So next Friday night?

Click Click BOOM.
Not this Friday, but the next (15th) Night run and camping at the top, then Saturday morning doing it backwards and then go hit something on the other side of the highway.

Yep, no camping for me. My wife works Saturday. I am totally planning on the night run though. I just got to line up a truck to use.

Stop being a baby and drive the YJ there! The faster these tires are gone, the sooner you can get new ones!

The tires aren't why I don't drive it, it's the full hydraulic steering that does it. If I had hydraulic assist then I would drive it there.

Truck found, once again my 2001 Silverado 5.3L 1/2ton truck will be doing the work of a diesel.

What time are we thinking? Meet up at the Downieville exit at 8pm? Sunset is around 8:30 with total dark not being until about 9ish. We could meet up for dinner at TommyKnockers at 7pm and then head towards the trail afterwards too.

Back