• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 MPI 2.5 into 89 TBI 2.5 MJ

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Not swapping out the renix TBI.

I know the distributor and all the sensors along with the flywheel have to be swapped. I'm obviously planning on using the renix manifolds and accessories

Is there any issues swapping all that stuff like there is when ya drop a 4.0 ho in place of a renix? Any sensors that need drilled or won't go in?

Never cared enough about a 2.5 before to swap in another good one. I always just swapped them out for 4.0s

This is a 98 going into an 88.

The crank snout will be shorter but your 89 dampener will go on, it will simply but up against the cam gear/oil slinger and stop. You'll notice the dampeners are different, one narrower than the other.

Yes, you'll need the 89 flywheel.

I'm using the 98 distributor, I just removed the sensor wire. Mechanically they are the same.

That's certainly not stock, lol!

These worth building? Got a buddy that built a bored/stroked one into a 3.0L but haven't been able to see it since it's been done

Back