• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workday - Sun. Sept. 27

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workday is Sunday September 27 on 2N49. The main focus of this day is brushing the trail, general cleanup, and continuing work on 2N49C.

Map of 2N49

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
Meet Point 1 9:00 AM NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
Meet Point 2 10:00 AM 2N49 NORTHERN END

We will meet at 9:00 AM at the North Shore Work Center and drive to the North side of 2N49, we expect to arrive at 10:00 AM. You may meet up with us at either point. From there we will take 2N49 down toward San Bernardino doing trail maintenance along the way.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

CAMPING
Volunteers are welcome to camp with us on Saturday, September 26 at the North Shore Work Center. Make a weekend out of it and also attend the SBNF Adopt-A-Trail BBQ / Awards Ceremony on Saturday! Please RSVP for camping. North Shore Work Center has flush toilets, showers, and flat camping.

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay. 2WD okay with tow points).
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so I can properly plan.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you on the 27th.

Last edited:
I put this on the calendar and my Wife has not removed it yet, so I could go, but I doubt the transfercase will be rebuilt by then... I haven't even cleared a place for it on the workbench. If someone is going by the southern end of 2N49 on their way up I could leave the Jetta there, or if someone is going back to the North Shore camp ground after I could park and maybe even camp there.

Three Varmints and I are planning to be there.

Three Varmints and I are planning to be there.

I'll make sure to bring my red Axe.

June_2N49_-_33-me.jpg

I will be there. I want to get that frippin' spur open too!!

Oh, and I will camp at the work center on Saturday night, as well...

Me and the three Varmints are still planning to be there. Provided The Bride doesn't sneak out and snatch the ignition coil wire.

I will be there, solo. Karen is not quite up to BB again yet

I'll be camping Saturday night with the dogs, but unless someone has room for us in a Jeep we won't be able to help with the work. If there is room in a Jeep for us, I can eat 1 or 2 burgers. The dogs could eat 3 or 4 each but then get car sick and make a big mess, so no burgers for them.

I have room for one human in my Jeep , or one dog, but you've seen my Jeep. I don't have room for anything more than one additional person at the moment

The battery challenged Jeep made its way back home safe and sound.

Extra thanks to Carol and Sean for their help in finding a store with a battery, helping me find my way there and making sure I made it home.

This is a great group to be part of.

Thank you all.

Glad you made it home safe.
Is anyone missing half a Swaybar disconnect? Julio picked one up that managed to make it's way to my jeep.

Mine appears to be missing a bolt, but I don't think that's what you guys found.

FYI. Got that 4runner dragged off the trail....took him the whole way to his house, which wasn't very far.

Nice, John. I assumed you had either gotten him out or pushed him over the side!

Many thanks to Sean, Josh, Gianna, Genesee, Carol, Belinda, Mark, Dan, Julio, Ariana, Tom, Daniel, Aaron, David, John, and James. After the past two years it felt very satisfying to drive my Jeep into the clearing.

Plus, winching downed trees is fun. :D

Back