• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockers?

That's a good writeup for XJ's but unfortunately doesn't answer the main question which I'm sure the OP's wanting to know. When doing the 2x6 tube in place of the rockers what happens to the back corner of the cab?

look at mopar maniacs build in advanced fab he did the 2x6 replacement rockers

as far as i know its pretty straightforward on an mj

i see it done all the time now

My rockers are staying, they are perfect. Getting some rails from Nate at the Crawl!

jeep%252520rockers%2525201.jpg
jeep%252520rockers%2525202.jpg
jeeps%252520rockers%2525203.jpg
jeep%252520rockers%2525204.jpg

Last edited:
Those are pretty cool but once again those are on a cherokee not a comanche. I looked through mopar maniac's build and it's around page 30 where he does the rockers but it's only a couple of pics of them. From what I've seen everyone that does the rockers on an MJ does it where the rockers flare out replacing just the bottom couple of inches with the tubing. I think what the OP and I'd like to see is someone that has done what alot of XJ owners have and cut the rocker out completely removing the sill plate and welding it in there. Almost like mini boatsides that have been done before. The biggest problem with that is the cab corner which I believe is what he's looking for the info about since the rest is the same as an XJ.

Is this closer to what you are looking for?

Jeep+001.jpg

The bedsides were swiss cheese, so we did the rockers and bedsides at the same time, so no pics of the stock bedsides. The bed was off or loose during the install. There are 2 supports running to the "frame" in the front, and another support running to the frame in the rear. I believe all three supports per side were spaced even along the length of the rocker tubing. I can't find any closer up pics of the rockers on my pc right now, but I might have actual photos somewhere in my house.

I did the front of my XJ last year similar to the MJ, with a small "horn" to keep the fender removable. I could get better pics of that because I still own it, the MJ was sold years ago. It looked a bit better on the MJ because I ran flares on that, I had planned on flares for the XJ, but I like it better with 33x10.50 tires and without.

Jeep+pics+001.JPG

On an MJ:

DSC_6394.jpg

DSC_6398.jpg

Its the almost the same thing as it is on a Cherokee. Just don't weld the bedsides to the rocker and you'll be fine.

Back