• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joint replacement. What would you do?

BAs96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have 150k on my 96 XJ. The driver's side ball joints are shot. The passenger sides are good. Would you only do the driver's side or both sides? I am torn here. I am leaning to doing both. What do you all think?

Thanks
BA

might as well do both. Then you know what you have...if the other side goes in 6 months...you'll be saying "I should have...."

If one side is gone, I wonder how far away the other side is from going. Ball joints are cheap, its labor intensive, well depending on your degree of " do it youself-ism...<new word....I'd do both and be done with. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Or you could wait to do the other side out on the trail..... at 9:00pm..... in the dark. :doh:

Well I ordered the parts for both sides and I already have the press so I guess I have Sunday all planned out. Thanks
BA

Back