• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken into

94XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I went on a trip to CT for easter this past weekend... Left saturday around 830 am and came home around 630 pm sunday. In that relativly (compaired to the weeks we've been gone in the past) short period of time someone broke into our house and stole over $500 cash from my dresser drawer and a bottle of gin from our refrigerator. Nothing else. We had guns out unlocked, my moms jewlery, electronics, and whatever else you could imagine would be in a persons home. Who has had this happen and what was taken? The house was untouched except for the missing gin and my money. I didnt even notice anything had been taken until around 5pm today when i went to count my money. I was trying to save up for a motorcycle to take a roadtrip with some friends this summer. My parents had been gone since thursday so they figured i had had a party and that was why the gin was gone but they didnt even mention it to me. I just think it is odd how everything was moved and set back with care. I had my headliner from my Xj leaning up against my dresser and they even put that back. no signs of a break in what so ever. the back lock on the door was broken so we figure that was how they got in. Im sure someone has had experence with this before. so has anyone had any luck finding the person who did it. I mean I think our insurance company will repay me. Being 17 going to school and working part time... $500 is a lot for me. Im guessing it was a kid by the way they went through the house and only took cash and gin. They didnt even take the time to look in the cabnets for the rest of the alcohol. Im so pissed off i dont even know what to say. i just want to kick some ass. Just to kick this guys ass would almost be worth it.

Yeah that sux, last month someone broke into the back of my XJ and took my toolbox. Don't really know how they got it out, that thing was really heavy...had about $1000 worth of tools in it. I'm still haven't gottin all of them replaced. I had about 250 cd's, plus a Springfield 1911 in the back too, and they just left them. They even had to move them out of the way to get the tools out. Good luck finding the person, I never found out who broke into mine.

94XJ4x4 said:
yeah thats what my dad and I were thinking too. I took today off work to start the hunt... and I do mean hunt. Im pissed.

Hope ya get the bastard(s). I suffered a burglarly a few years back and know exactly how you feel.

You guys are probably right that it was someone you know. Keep an eye out for anyone at your school close to you who suddenly comes into ownership of something normally outside of their budget - and once you have proof, let the cops nail the SOB. If you're lucky, s/he will be over 18.

BTW, don't rule out that it may have been a girl, particularly if you've had any issues with them in that department lately... Not to be sexist, but it could go some way towards explaining why none of your Jeep stuff was taken and women burglars generally grab cash and jewellry.

I might have pissed off some kids around here after cabbage night. They smashed a lot of pumpkins so basicaly i confronted them and told them not to come around any more. Im going to talk to them tomorrow. There are a few other dirt bags that live around here im going to have a little chat with. Someone has to know something.

94XJ4x4 said:
I might have pissed off some kids around here after cabbage night. They smashed a lot of pumpkins so basicaly i confronted them and told them not to come around any more. Im going to talk to them tomorrow. There are a few other dirt bags that live around here im going to have a little chat with. Someone has to know something.

Before you talk to them, give it a few days to see what floats to the surface in the meantime. People who do things like this against people they know are usually dumb enough to brag about it to others. Just my $0.02.

thats a good idea. Im just so pissed off. Im ready to kill. all my shit keeps getting stolen. Last year it was my new snowboard. Why cant people just work for their own damn money and stuff. I do it so there shouldnt be any reason why anyone else cant.

If all they took was the gin and they knew you, they probably would have known about the other alcohol, right? Do you know anyone with a certain taste for gin? I work for my stuff, so I know how it sucks to lose it or have it stolen. Good luck finding the a$$wh0le that took it!

Not nessicarily. my parents have recently decided to keep it in a cabnet instead of on the counter or in the frige. The gin was in the frige. so they could have known me and still not have known where to find everything else. althought i would think they would have looked around. and my friends either dont drink or dont care what their drinking. I dont know anyone that is partial to gin either. This whole deal is frustrating as hell.

hahah i wish. When i got home (my family arrived first because me and a friend took a skateboarding detour through Hartford CT) my dad asked if i had any wild parties when they were gone. (They also left 3 days before me). "Unfortunatly no," was my answer.

2dwahy

But not all of my easter weekend was bad.

Much as it sounds, it's someone 'in close' who knew you were socking cash away somewhere... too bad it wasn't in an ING money market account?

Whatever you do... insure you are in the right before you take whatever action. You don't want to pay for an innocent 'friend's' heatedly removed teeth, and you sure don't want 10-life or $10k pleaing down taking someone(s) out... even if they are guilty.

$500 is a small price to pay...for an education. The guilty parties will surface and it will be more fun watching them go down... File a report with the PD, even if you think it is 'punk', you were b&ed. Set the stage for

In the meanwhile (and this is what sucks) put bait out for "everyone" in your 'circle' and see who bites on.

Cheap/legal automatic .380 or 9mm pistols are great for bait... leave them out in the open/easy to steal. Plug the middle third of the barrel with JB weld... load a clip of +p ammo, all with "xxx" or whatever scratched into the shell casings. Record the serial # and your shell code and whenever the next dummy fires it... Uh Oh, Danger Will Robinson.

woody said:
Cheap/legal automatic .380 or 9mm pistols are great for bait... leave them out in the open/easy to steal. Plug the middle third of the barrel with JB weld... load a clip of +p ammo, all with "xxx" or whatever scratched into the shell casings. Record the serial # and your shell code and whenever the next dummy fires it... Uh Oh, Danger Will Robinson.
Never thought of that, that's a good way to teach a lesson right there...lol
Might have to keep the one in mind.
Trevor

there were guns around. they didnt take them. just the money and gin. Id have to leave a 50 or something around. glue it to a table or something and wait unitl i walk in one day and catch them trying to scrape it off.

hoytinak said:
Never thought of that, that's a good way to teach a lesson right there...lol
Might have to keep the one in mind.
Trevor
Ya it's easy to spot the crook or his/her acomplice...fresh wounds and such along with the ID marks... same goes with 'bait' electronics... ones that smolder and burst into flames several hours after plug-in via time fuse, aluminum & magnesium powder & other wonders of 'modern technology'.

"Honest, your Honor... I was making a prop for the school play...till SOME x%$# stole it..." :D

It all depends how hard you care to play this game of life...

I hate getting broken into, when I was in highschool someone broke into my old honda. They stole a $250 stereo, 2 amplifiers out of the trunk, and about 300 CD's. I got kinda lucky though, they passed up a rather large tool box I had in the trunk and threw my CD case out their window and into a tree in my yard (I guess they're not very big rock fans).

dash.jpg

glass.jpg

board.jpg

I actually got 2 days of detention for the message on that thing.

Back