• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics from VA Beach of Isabel's wrath....

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
Hurrican%20pic20.JPG
The dock you can just barely see under a thin layer of water is usually at eye level when standing on the jet dock(black floating thing)

Hurricane%20pic10.JPG
Road in front of a friend's house under a foot and a half of water. About 4-5' higher than usual

Hurricane%20pic11.JPG
No this isn't venice, there's usually a yard and a dock there with a 3' drop down to the water from the dock. Notice that the garage door has 4 tiers of panels, where's the fourth set?? ;)

Hurricane%20pic7.JPG
Picture of flooded road from uphill side. You can see the water off to the right. There's a 4-5' tall section of rip rap under that water that's usually exposed.

Hurricane%20pic9.JPG
My friend's house. The rip rap is about 3-4' above a sandy beach that is above the water line. Here you can see just about 1-2' of rip rap.

For those of you who are wondering what the heck "rip rap" is, it's large chuncks of rock placed to create a wave barrier to prevent erosion. BTW, I didn't take these pics. I'm up at school, these pics were sent to me by a friend of mine(the green XJ in the pics is his). I'll be home tomorrow to report any damage to my house and neighborhood. Just thought I'd share.

Ary

I certainly hope that.......

These were taken after the storm passed. Neat pictures though. I wish I knew where my pictures were of the Hugo storm. Hmmmm.

Those pics were taken 4 hours before the worst of the storm.

ary

Back