• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

I scored this ZJ for $800 running and driving with a title. couldnt touch a beat up XJ for close to that. would have loved to have got a ZJ with the v8, but beggers cant be choosers.

Just dropping by to say Happy Easter. I still have the most family Renix rigs IMO!!!

Still alive and kicking, but the ole-joints ain't what they use to be.

Need to sand, prime and paint my Wagoneer roof this spring.

My joint's are not looking forward to it.,

Still have lot of spare Renix stuff if any one needs anything. Even a set of wiring harnesses from an 89 Cherokee. I see one on Ebay for $500, Sweet Jesus. Saw a K-20 Snap on Red Brick scanner Key today for $70.

Our shit is getting rare, and pricey

And I still have a 100% rust free, Red, 87 Cherokee XJ, 2 WD, Body with no drive train (already pulled 12 years ago) for sale cheap. Perfect to replace a rolled or t-boned body.

I was going to make a Fuel-cell powered electric rig out of it 12 years ago.

Time flies.

Happy Easter, hope everyone here survived the 2020 Bingo card year disaster and the Texas "yes we forked up" freeze and power outage.

I was lucky, I still had my 40+ year old, Nat gas heat, with no electric power needed, Old school home heat!!!!! Like our jeeps!!!

I have been slowly working all the issues out of my 2001 2wd XJ. Bought this one for my niece 12 years ago and it recently came back home when she got a new Cherokee. She runs great but has 184K on the clock. I have a 99 4.0 engine I plan to rebuild and drop in later this year, so if anyone has a Tupy head, I would be interested.

I also have a bunch of 96 XJ parts from back in the day including a rear hatch glass. I hope to pull them out and take pictures soon. Not looking for money. If it will help someone out that would be great.

Changed out my drivers door lock assembly. That took a whole 15 minutes

Getting new lighting installed in my garage today.

After that time to start the long arms.

Fuel pump in the jeep is leaking fuel outside of the tank. Didnt notice this until after I filled it up. Need to figure out how to drain the fuel so I can install the new pump. :(

I have been slowly working all the issues out of my 2001 2wd XJ. Bought this one for my niece 12 years ago and it recently came back home when she got a new Cherokee. She runs great but has 184K on the clock. I have a 99 4.0 engine I plan to rebuild and drop in later this year, so if anyone has a Tupy head, I would be interested.

I also have a bunch of 96 XJ parts from back in the day including a rear hatch glass. I hope to pull them out and take pictures soon. Not looking for money. If it will help someone out that would be great.

If you happen to be driving near Houston Hobby Airport, I could put the glass to use on the Red 87 Cherokee shell I have that still needs a home.

If you happen to be driving near Houston Hobby Airport, I could put the glass to use on the Red 87 Cherokee shell I have that still needs a home.

You got it Mike. We had met years ago for a parts sale. I don’t get around like I use to. Out of the field and in the office now.

You got it Mike. We had met years ago for a parts sale. I don’t get around like I use to. Out of the field and in the office now.

I maybe make 1 trip a week to the drive through BK. On immune suppressants for out of control Rheumatoid Arthritis, so with the Pandemic I had to do the Hobbit Hole lock down. Lucky me I got ready 3 decades ago to be able to work from home.

My son is planning an engine rebuild (2 actually Renix Era 4.0's ) bought a Comanche Jeep truck 5.5" lift fresh paint 89 beast, she is a beauty, and I still have my shop.... I am teaching him and my daughter what I know when we get the chance. My daughter actually got to work as a shop manager for Pep Boys last year. Seems some of what I taught her about wrenching stuck.

with a boat load of spare Renix stuff. :cheers:
I am glad to see Red River Chapter and NAXJA have survived. :woohoo:

Round ones would be a good choice :greensmok

Ordered all the lift and steering parts for the zj, still debating on what tires to run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Round ones would be a good choice :greensmok
I had considered the round ones, they may be best at getting me around. Lol

In other jeep related things I forced this Chinese snorkel on. If it ever stops raining and my buddy finishes his xj that is strewn throughout the driveway and garage. I am going to build my own lower air box and intermediate tube to connect to the outer snorkel. Oh and maybe install all the suspension that is rolling around in the cargo area.
4ca3df78cd3030c10557a0e1991f3467.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fuel pump in the jeep is leaking fuel outside of the tank. Didnt notice this until after I filled it up. Need to figure out how to drain the fuel so I can install the new pump. :(

Mine has been doing that for years. If I'm on a steep incline facing forward, I can smell gas. I can see the trail on my tank when I look at the top front of the tank. Doesn't leak except when I'm at an incline though...

Drove the Jeep to work. There is a bad vacuum leak somewhere. Will get to it someday. :D

Drove the Jeep to work. There is a bad vacuum leak somewhere. Will get to it someday. :D

haha

I bought the snap ring pliers you suggested. Still debating on if I should just buy the kit(SYE/Driveshaft) from Adam's driveshaft or just buy the SYE and get a driveshaft from the junk yard...

Started on the long arms today. So far just up on the stands, pulled the sliders and started unhooking stuff on the front end.

aww ok. Let me know how you like them. Been eye ballin some different options. Some were saying they were having arms break on the Iron Rock Offroad 3 links.

Back