• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paint on vinyl interior

Pixelchef

NAXJA Forum User
Newbie here. I just bought an XJ and happy to join the forum. My car has quite a bit of interior paint splatter. Any tips for removing paint from vinyl door panels and dash bits? I've tried nail polish and elbow grease but haven't had meaningful luck. Thinking about acetone unless anyone has had better luck with another product that won't ruin the plastic.

stock interior is fairly delicate in my experience. for this or that reason ive tried solvants and usually nothing good comes of it. maybe older models will differ, but i dont recommend it.
maybe goo gone or something light would work?

Try Berrymans B12 carb cleaner in an inconspicuous spot. Soak your rag, apply pressure for a moment, then wipe, and repeat.

I thought you meant painting the interior when I read the title and came to suggest Plastikote vinyl paint. I did a dash with it last year and it seems to be holding up.

Home Depot and Lowes carry a graffiti remover that seems to work pretty good without damaging the underlying. Again, try in a hidden spot first.

Turpentine or even WD40 works depending on the type of paint.

Brake fluid if allowed to sit would have been another method.

Back