• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee - No working lights or gauges other than headlights

drewkeen

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Jeep Cherokee - was a 4 banger 5 speed and is now a 6 cylinder auto. I swapped both harnesses from the engine bay over (engine and harnesses are all from the same 1998 model - everything worked great before), but left the dash harness from the 2000 in it.

It cranks and runs great. I just do not have the following: None of the gauges work in the dash. It will let me know when the liftgate is open, the brights are on and the mileage shows up. It also has no tail lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, parking lights. The brake lights work fine.

I checked the grounds by the ECU, the one on the passenger side of the engine block. I also checked all of the fuses. Can anyone look and see if the wiring is actually different or something? If so, it would be nice to be able to just switch a few wires and not have to pull the whole dash out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I believe there are two different clusters- 97-99, and 00/01. Do you have the 98 guages from the donor? Did you swap the PCMs as well as the wiring?

I swapped both harnesses from the engine bay but not the one behind the dash. I am trying to use the 98 gauges with no luck. The 2000 gauges throw a check engine light and says "no bus"

Anyone out there that is better at electronics/wiring than me or has the wiring diagram for the different years? It is not fun trying to wheel a vehicle that has no temp gauge and I cannot drive it on the street with no signals or lights.

Back