• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Tranny question

MonsterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is prolly a really stupid question but here goes.... Is the t-5 tranny in the 84-85 2.8 v6 the same tranny taht is in the 82-85 (i think) chevy blazer/s-10 2.8 4x4? If it is, it would save me major headache locating one near by, and if its not, im gonna feel like a dumbass for asking. OH yeah anybody know a good cheap place i can order a clutch for my 2.8 t5?

Thanks,
Monster a.k.a joshua

You sure about it being a T-5? I understood the 5-speed behind the 2.8L to be an AX-5 Aisin-Warner tranny. At least it isn't a Peugeot...

IT could be either! They used the T-5 and the AX-5. If you cannot find a T-5 then replace it with the AX-5 just make sure you get the bellhousing.

if i use an ax-5 will i have to make any mods to make it fit? I know the t-5 is the name of the 5 speed transmission in ford mustangs but with different bellhousings. could the t-5 be the name of the actual gearbox in the ax-5? just a thought......also, what years had an ax-5 transmission?

Back