• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodbye dana 35...hello 8.8

JeepAddict85

NAXJA Forum User
Bought an 8.8 off of TrailRateThis (thanks!!!)...started to clean it up:
b3707937.jpg

3f79b602.jpg

a8108774.jpg

53633184.jpg

Its already got the spring perches welded on, just need to weld on some shock tabs. 410 gears, (im still at 3.55 though), disc brakes, even abs which i will try to get working with my xj's. In the pics you can also see my HP dana 30 im working on, that will take the place of my low pinion. Im thinkin 4.56 gears, maybe auburn ected rear (goes from limited slip to full lock on flip of switch), and selectable locker upfront like an arb or something that can remain 'open' until engaged.

You'r gonna do a 4.56 gear upfront and 4.10 gear in the rear?

Can you take video of your first time wheelin in 4wd? (hehe)

id go with 4.56s that what i run in mine,

lockrite is a better way to go on the d30, dont waste money on an overpriced arb.

Nice. You'll be happy with the 8.8.

8.8 is the only way to go!!!

You'r gonna do a 4.56 gear upfront and 4.10 gear in the rear?

Can you take video of your first time wheelin in 4wd? (hehe)

um, i said i was going to 4.56 gears...that would be plural, as in im doing the front and rear.

(thanks for the clarification eric)

i just bought the welder and went at it. read lots of write ups, watched a bunch of how to vids...and got some tips from other people. Im slowly getting better at it.

i just bought the welder and went at it. read lots of write ups, watched a bunch of how to vids...and got some tips from other people. Im slowly getting better at it.

that's the way to do it!

...that's what i did, except for buy the welder. i just used a really nice one while building my 3B...

8.8 all done. I changed my mind, will stick with the 410 gears, and do a lunchbox type locker so i can install it myself. Will save me TONS of $$$, and now i just need someone to install 410's in my HP30.

5ce279c4.jpg

Good call on the locker Greg. I am going to get an Aussie. Everything I have read is good about them. Great product, Cheap, and good customer service/warranty.

Hey, is it just me or are your shock mounts way too close to the center of the axle? They are much further in than a stock setup. I have mine shown below for reference:

BeasleyKnob08-2.jpg

yes, they are in a bit closer. why would this be a problem? shocks work better the more vertical they are, correct? I plan on running pretty stiff shocks anyways

Back