• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Member hurt in Iraq

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I just got finished with my 2 month long course in CP Pendleton. While I was there I got a call from a fellow XJer that was deployed to Iraq. He has wheeled with a few of us at the 1st Annual XJ Jambo. He had the white doorless rig that I asked to park before hitting Lower Big Johnson due to having 35's and a Dana 35.

He was patrolling outside of Al Quim when he hit an IED. The blast took off both his legs at the knee caps. He is currently in Texas for rehab and getting fitted for his new legs. I would like to start a fund for his family using a PAYPAL account to get his house/Jeep ready for him. If you are interested in donating please PM me and I will see if there is enough interest.

Thanks
Bo

damn man. good luck to him. dont know what to say. screw the donations. i saw people put the moeny in for a bad ass cherokee he can wheel and make it modded for him with levels instead of pedals. never be able to drive again. might as well make it a nice driving experiance in a bad ass XJ

thats too bad. I wish him and his family well. The donations are a great idea seeing that the medical bills could be crazy high but they will need to adapt his him and jeep. A Bad ass XJ would be cool but let them decide what they need

djblade311 said:
A Bad ass XJ would be cool but let them decide what they need

He will build his rig to suit his needs. I would like to collect the funds to help them pay for the renovations to their house or use as they see fit.

this is dylan right?

time to get him some CNC brakes and a hand throttle and some 5 points.

IIRC this guys rig is now tubed out on d60s with 38.5s.

I'm in Bo,
Our Prayers for him and his family.
Maybe post up some email or mailing address so we can start flooding him with well wishes, and up
lifting support. Just a idea.

Russ

Last edited:
djblade311 said:
thats too bad. I wish him and his family well. The donations are a great idea seeing that the medical bills could be crazy high but they will need to adapt his him and jeep. A Bad ass XJ would be cool but let them decide what they need

not to sound like a snot or anything, but since he's in the military and was wounded in action, the military will pay for all medical costs (one of the lucky perks we get). i however am in, let me know whats goin on, to see if we cant donate something that keep him in NAXJA.

Damn. That sucks. Dylan was supposed to be on his final tour of duty. He just had a child last year.

Count me in, too.

Count me in....

Eddie G. said:
Damn. That sucks. Dylan was supposed to be on his final tour of duty. He just had a child last year.

Count me in, too.
what a sad thing, I'm in for whatever we can do for the family!!!!!

ladywolf said:
not to sound like a snot or anything, but since he's in the military and was wounded in action, the military will pay for all medical costs (one of the lucky perks we get). i however am in, let me know whats goin on, to see if we cant donate something that keep him in NAXJA.

i figured that most would be covered but I didnt know for sure if they would have many expenses outside of the benefits.

IN!

Back