• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not recieving Naxja e-mail notifications

Clint

NAXJA Forum User
I think I saw in another post that Naxja had switched to google for sending out e-mail notifications for subscriptions and PM's. I have not received any since late Thursday. I know for sure my mail server is not rejecting them because I run my own mail server and have checked the logs. Also in my profile its checked to have them sent to me. Any ideas Glenn?

clint said:
I think I saw in another post that Naxja had switched to google for sending out e-mail notifications for subscriptions and PM's. I have not received any since late Thursday. I know for sure my mail server is not rejecting them because I run my own mail server and have checked the logs. Also in my profile its checked to have them sent to me. Any ideas Glenn?

I will see what I can find on this end.

FitchVA said:
check your g-mail spam folder. at first, my gmail acct thought it was spam until i pimp-slapped it and told it how to act

I'm not using the new Naxja.org e-mail address. I host my own e-mail server .Nothing has changed on my side. I'm still using my same e-mail. I just all of a sudden stopped recieving e-mail. My server is running linux/postfix and I have checked the logs, nothing has been bounced or rejected. My client does not have a spam filter so I know its not being tossed there.

Thanks Glenn.

Thanks for the info. It seems to be an issue with Google accepting the outbound mail. For now I have reverted back to the inhouse mail. Hopefully you are now receiving email notifications.

Glenn said:
Thanks for the info. It seems to be an issue with Google accepting the outbound mail. For now I have reverted back to the inhouse mail. Hopefully you are now receiving email notifications.

Yup just recieved it! So is this a forum wide problem or does Google have an issue with my mail server?

Thanks Glenn!

Google has an issue with your server. They told me they are upset at you for using postfix. :)

Seriously though... it is site-wide. It may have been the volume of mail that this site generates. :dunno: That may be what they had an issue with.

Glenn said:
Seriously though... it is site-wide. It may have been the volume of mail that this site generates. :dunno: That may be what they had an issue with.

Ah ok, thanks for fixing it though!

Back