• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ 4.0 Alternator Bracket - Relocate the Alternator on Your XJ

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a couple of these (hoarded the few I could find in the state) over a while.

With a little work this bracket will allow you to run your alternator higher, and will allow you to use the auto tensioner.

Here you can see what it does:

IMAG0492.jpg

The Bracket itself:

IMAG0624_zps4bfed154.jpg

$40 + Shipping.

I'm not really trying to make any money off of these...they cost me a couple dollars less than that both private party and in the junkyard, just figured some other might like to use them instead of them getting scrapped.

What mods are needed? And depending on this, how much for pre-modded version?

I like the tensioner, just no A/C.

What mods are needed? And depending on this, how much for pre-modded version?

Offhand...you will need to trim the bracket a some, as well as one of the bolt holes on the timing cover (wasn't a big deal to me and plenty of others have done it). The only other thing I can remember was making a little bracket to connect one of the bottom holes since the top two holes line right up, but the bottom holes don't.

It's not a bolt straight in deal, but it is well worth the little bit of work.

I can try and possibly get some more pictures of mine on the buggy later this evening.

I like the tensioner, just no A/C.

Meh, you can always relocate the AC as I've seen several people do :D

Do you have the tensioners, in decent shape.. Or is this an added expense.
Also, which style alt fits in this bracket, I take it one of the ND ones from the later model XJ's/etc?

Back