• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Shackles

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 6” long arm Full Traction lift. The rear sits low and their web site says the shackles that come with the 6” lift add 1” lift over stock. I don’t want to change the springs so was thinking of getting longer shackles. Does anyone have recommendations I need an additional 2” of lift so would be looking at a shackle that adds 3” of lift over stock. The other question is if I use longer shackles will my pinion angle be off?

A 3" lift shackle is effectively 6"longer, which would be crazy long. I've never seen one that big offered for sale. A better alternative would be a shackle relocation kit. It will most likely change your pinion angle either way you go.

Yep 2 inches = 1 inch of lift I couldn’t find anything either. I was thinking of the shackle relocation but it won’t work with my frame stingers.

I was thinking about an air bag kit with the daystar cups but I don’t think they will fit and it may be more work than it’s worth.

Show us a picture of your frame stingers that stop you from doing shackle relocatoin?

That's your best bet still by a long shot, otherwise you're looking for new leafs.

Leaf%20Spring%20Mount_zpscgqpup1h.jpg

Back