• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions needed

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a 2000 XJ that was wrecked, I have to replace the pass. fender, header panel, and bumper so I'm already goin to have to get it painted anyways, its silver. now my question is should I paint it just like factory, its a sport so the bumper caps and trim are black, or go with the limited look where everything is the same color. hope I made this clear. thanks

Personally I like the factory look with the black trim. It's your jeep though.

If you are going with the factory black caps you might need to re-black them. If you go over them carefully with a heat gun it will make them nice and black again. I did it with mine and it worked really good as mine where very washed out looking. Just be careful not to work one area too long cuz melted looks worse than faded...

vagina bagels.

Wow.

Nice informative post.
We don't need any more of these stupid comments. This forum is meant for tech related and intelligent posts. And after reading your past 5 posts, I am surprised that you have lasted this long on this site.

Serisouly WTF this is getting so stupid. What Admin would I contact to see if they could ban an IP adress (if possible). My friends love to hack my account whenever I use their computer at the shop... And it's really getting old...

Here I'll add some informative info to redeem my past threads =P

Personally, I like the Classic look if it's a clean daily driver. Adds a more polished look. For this you would need some Adhesion promoter (SEM's, or Bulldog) and the paint of your choice. Be it spray bomb, or automotive urethane.

If it's a more rugged looking car or you want a little contrast, go black. Again, use the adhesion promoter since it's plastic, but I would just topcoat with some krylon fusion or regular black spray bomb. Super easy to touch up.

Don't worry about flex additive if you go the urethane route. This is only intended to keep the paint SUPER flexible for about the first 48-72 hours if you're installing plastic bumpers or trim.

Oh and last tip, regarding the header panel. FIND AN OEM ONE!!!!! Aftermarket ones are GARBAGE and fit like absolute crap. Especially the plastic ones.

Last edited:
Back