• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

Skullver

Still Flailing
lost my original thread as I haven't updated it in a while, getting it done, slowly but surely.
parts is parts:
IMG_0288.jpg

got shocks and bumps in:
IMG_0297.jpg

getting ready for spare mounts and anti-nerf bar:)
IMG_0304.jpg

our "horn"
IMG_0307.jpg

and my current headache, what a pain, not going to the floor though, no matter how many gray hairs it gives me, transfer case hump was obtrusive, to say the least.
IMG_0348.jpg

IXNAYXJ said:
Bad ass, dude. I can't wait to see how it all comes out.

-----Matt-----
Thanks much, I am pretty confident we will be at the night race at Lucerne in August, we'll see though, still got quite a few details

You've got a holy floor! Good luck getting reaching some of those welds, Id weld it all up then drop it in and weld to the AtoB pillar tube, it looks really well gusseted at the A and B pillar.

juryrigjalopy said:
You've got a holy floor! Good luck getting reaching some of those welds, Id weld it all up then drop it in and weld to the AtoB pillar tube, it looks really well gusseted at the A and B pillar.
yup, holy it is, had to relocate crossmember, then had to tie lower door bars to uni-rails and cut the floor to 360* weld, I am not taking any of that seat stuff out again, it was a pain to get it all lined up, what is a few more holes in the grand scheme? I figure I have to cut about 6 more holes about a beer can in diameter to weld it all up 360*, I already have some thin sheet and a smaller welding machine set up with .023" wire, so I am going to patch all the holes up when I am done, should look real clean when it is all painted.
Chris

Looking good Chris! Cant wait to be at the first race!

im sorry man but thats funny.....i dont care who you are.

getting there man!

Sounds like an official SoCal Chapter event!
Lucerne in August!
Let me know when you get around to painting it, I might come by to check it out.
Good luck Chris, I'm hoping to be done by August with mine too.

Rick

MG2000XJ said:
How are you mounting up that Currie Anti-rock sway bar?
with some 3/16 plate right in front of the steering box area, tabs welded to tubing, should be getting there in the next week or two.
Chris

Thanks Allen, the more the merrier, welcome anytime

Rick, thanks much, best of luck with your project, looking real clean.

The more the merrier, hopefully it will be ready, I'll be sure to document our first testing sessions here in the next couple weeks, got a few other projects also that have priority for now but it should be steady progress.

and Ben, that is funny I guess, I'm trying to eat sushi man:)

And Johnx, nope, you could conceivably run a narrowed 14-bolt if you didn't mind the extra weight and rw hp loss, you are only limited by trackwidth.
Cheers all
Chris

NRT_Chris said:
Looks good dude! I have been waiting a long time to rub doors with Team Animal! see you guy in august
We will be there, miss being out there, say hi to the fam and watch out for 1735:), it will be good to see you all again! Hopefully I'll be able to get the wife and daughter to come.
team animal has a certain ring, we lost one though, beaver left town:)
Chris

GSequoia said:
Dude, it's not gonna go too fast without an engine.

:laugh3:
got me there, think "Flintstones" he he, that is what the holes on the floor are for:) save some weight,

The drive train is patiently awaiting its turn, may be getting a late model long block, but the 91 will do for now.

Rig is looking good Chris

Did you make that front bumper yourself?

IslanderOffRoad said:
Rig is looking good Chris

Did you make that front bumper yourself?
thanks John, yup, couldn't buy an abortion like that:), should be able to tie it into the engine cage nicely.

decided to shine the C.O.R.R. race and get started on the rear shock mounts version 2, got one half of one side almost done:

shock mounts version 1
DSCN1205.jpg

version 2
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Back