• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA contingency for Jeepspeed.

Jump This

Just another minion!
It finally got done. The BOD has now created a contingency program for the two remaining Jeepspeed races.
Sept. 11th and the October 15th and 16th races.
We will be posting $1000 for each event. At these races we will randomly draw three numbers from the entrants who are NAXJA members, awarding $500, $300 and $200 to those who are drawn ($200 for the first one drawn, 300 to the second etc etc.)
This is a test program to see what sort of return we can get from providing contingency money for Cherokee based events.
What we need now is volunteers. People to go to the races to sign up and register new members. We will provide as much as we can to the volunteers who participate.
Many details need to be worked out, but this is a big step for NAXJA and it is my hope that we can expand this program in years to come.

Who can help?
We would need you to be at the contingency meeting the day prior to the first race (Sept 10th.)

Let me know.

Rick Rethoret
Vice President of NAXJA
WE DID IT BOYZ!!!

Goatman was telling me about this and I have to say this was a great idea. The random drawing is brilliant.
One time membership fee of 35'ish bucks, a decal and you get 6 chances of winning no less than $200

Great idea guys!

Wish I could help, but I cant afford to race the Sept. race and wont be able to make it out either. Put me in the drawing anyways... :cheers:

Eric

Goatman was telling me about this and I have to say this was a great idea. The random drawing is brilliant.
One time membership fee of 35'ish bucks, a decal and you get 6 chances of winning no less than $200

Great idea guys!

Wish I could help, but I cant afford to race the Sept. race and wont be able to make it out either. Put me in the drawing anyways... :cheers:

Eric

You gotta' start the race Eric!
I am very happy with the boards approval of this program.
It should prove to be a turning point for us.

NAXJA cards to hand out are a huge plus. easy to carry and people can stick em in thier pocket and check the site out when they get home. Maybe a jeepspeed themed card? or a flyer maybe, 4x6 4 over 1? (color one side black on the back). I'll help with designing either if you guys need it. I also think it would be a good idea to get a big banner out there to hang on an eazy-up.

Thanks BOD! This is a great idea and I think it will promote NAXJA in a big way, there are quite a few people romping around the desert in XJs that have no idea this place exists. Lets change that!

Are we running a NAXJA Sticker on our rigs? What size, and are they going to be made available at contingency?

I can help out at the contingency booth after I get my Jeep through tech.
I also have a small stack of NAXJA business cards left, maybe 100 or so.

Are we running a NAXJA Sticker on our rigs? What size, and are they going to be made available at contingency?

I can help out at the contingency booth after I get my Jeep through tech.
I also have a small stack of NAXJA business cards left, maybe 100 or so.

Stickers will be supplied. How big? That is still up in the air but somewhere around 5" x 14" for both sides of your car.

That's a cool idea. great for the JS guys.

This is poorly used money.

If naxja paid my fuel and lodging I'd travel to every XJ event in the country and sign people up :D

Money that could be used for land uses causes or even advertisement (which sounds like the idea here) is just going into members pockets. 3 events = $3000 to make that back 3000/35 =~86 members need to joint is that going to happen in 3 days of racing? i doubt it.

Also I would look into the legality of prize money being offered from a non profit to it's members. Everything Ive read says that it's not allowed.

Last edited:
Money that could be used for land uses causes or even advertisement (which sounds like the idea here) is just going into members pockets. 3 events = $3000 to make that back 3000/35 =~86 members need to joint is that going to happen in 3 days of racing? i doubt it.

I disagree, most the jpspeed rigs I have seen at various off road shows keep their stickers and draw a crowd. I have also found the jeep speed guys to be the friendliest and most talkative of all the racers at the expos.

I think it's a great way to get more traffic.

Spoken like someone who has NO idea about offroad racing. Have you seen the returns from offroad sponsorship? Have you ever been to Barstow and seen how many non naxja XJ's are floating around? Probably not. There's a lot of potential, and it's great way to get the name out there and our mission statement to help keep land open. Getting involved in educating people at Contingency is a HUGE step in the right direction, handing out flyers and trash bags etc to help keep the desert clean.

Also I would look into the legality of prize money being offered from a non profit to it's members. Everything Ive read says that it's not allowed.

Take that back channel with the BOD then or in the members forum. This tech forum isn't the place for it.

Spoken like someone who has NO idea about offroad racing. Have you seen the returns from offroad sponsorship? Have you ever been to Barstow and seen how many non naxja XJ's are floating around? Probably not. There's a lot of potential, and it's great way to get the name out there and our mission statement to help keep land open. Getting involved in educating people at Contingency is a HUGE step in the right direction, handing out flyers and trash bags etc to help keep the desert clean.

I don't see that as an issue I agree it's a great idea. but how does handing out cash prizes to existing members play into that?

Back