• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil filter adapter woes......

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
What I thought was going to be a simple job got a little complicated. When I built my stroker, I had a T60 adapter and everything went good but I probably installed it before installing the motor. Fast forward 2yrs, now I'm working on Lil'Sis and my T60 tool is nowhere to be found, no problem I'll just grab another one. I got a 1/2" drive one and thought great ready to go, wrong it won't fit in the engine bay. Solution cut the socket off and just use the tip with a crow-foot wrench and breaker bar. A lot of work for such a small project.

I miss the good old days when it took 150 posting to help bimmerjeeper solve this exact problem.

I made a permanent tool for this, pulled the t60 bit, welded it into a 12mm wrench and "formed" an old jack handle for a cheater. Lives in my "extra special jeep tool" drawer.

I get mine on and off using these tools..

s!AvgraWJNxK2Sizon1BWBcHyqIzM7

That is the first time I have seen a good use for one of those dog-bone wrenches. Looks like just the tool for this job.

Back