• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW 94 2DOOR HAVING FUEL ISSUES

2DOORDAN

NAXJA Forum User
how is everyone glad to be on here just bought an forest service jeep 2 door 4.0 5 speed with 131k on it has some minor issues that i would like to address and get running correctly before any type of mod is done to my vehicle all advice and expertise welcomed...

What problems are you having???

fixed the tps it was on backwards that was the first issue ran fine still does no check engine light but yesterday it had a hard time starting I turned the key on and off a couple of times thinking maybe I could hear the fuel pump priming after a couple time it started..
appreciate the help

When it doesn't start, you need to find out if it's spark or fuel. Start with spark. Get a cheap spark tester and put it inline with a spark plugs and wire. If you don't have spark, we can help you chase that. If you do have spark and it still isn't starting, check fuel pressure. If you have both spark and fuel pressure, it could be an issue with the ECU not letting the injectors fire. There are many things it can be, but you will have to gather the requested info when it doesn't start.

I've replaced the fuel filter so far and it sounds a little better pressure is good on the rail ..
looking also into changing the header and exshaust all the way back any suggestions appreciated :patriot:

I've replaced the fuel filter so far and it sounds a little better pressure is good on the rail ..
looking also into changing the header and exshaust all the way back any suggestions appreciated :patriot:

What spark plugs are you running? Did you look at the cap and rotor? Coil?
As for header, I am running a Doug Thorley. Some like the Banks. I just received the 'cat back' system from Iron Rock. Also, the ignition module up by the key, might be an issue. Also, replacing the injectors might help it run better. The Ford 4-holes are a good inexpensive solution.

Last edited:
was looking on iron rock what cat and muffler the o2 sensor plug is not on the cat on my stock exhaust wouldn't mind the magnaflow just want to know which one along with the muffler
thanks
the cap rotor and plugs were replaced brand new by previous owner less than 2k ago but I'll check all out

How was your fuel filter? If it has ever been run without a filter or with a very plugged filter it doesn't take much to plug the injectors. Obviously first check your spark and air but plugged injectors are not uncommon.

thanks mongolchuck when I can I'll be sure to check the injectors changed the filter and it runs better and starts up i will be looking into purchasing the 4 hole
any suggestions on type or part number
thanks brutha

The best set I found before my stroker was 0 280 156 007.

Back