• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Harold of the Rocks

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I guess having a build thread is the in thing now a days.

So most of you have met Harry. He's a 98 2 door. Im onmy phone right now so ill add more later.

I got my clayton rear X-member in the mail so I figured id take a pic and waste all of your time by showing it to you.

2011-04-06_22-47-38_840.jpg

And I figured it wouldent be a NAC build thread with out a cat.

Ill most likly be done by the end of may. It really depends on when rich is free to help me. My welding skills just aren't up to a job like this yet.

And Im getting my taxes back soon and will be buying the stak 3 speed Tcase. Its gonna be bad ass!

ok so heres a brief history

I had a Nissan Hardbody pickup,
192719270_m.jpg

and it got Tboned by a 16 year old driving his dads jag.
so I took my insurance money and planed on getting a wrangler. I couldn't find one with reasonable miles for my 5k budget. so I thought hey a 2 door cherokee is basically the same thing.

so I found mine for 4k. I think it had 65K on it.
First thing I did was buy a bumper since I had bought a winch for the Nissan just before it was killed.

Chepo roxolid off ebay.
CIMG4364.jpg

PART_1299115033660.jpg

got the winch hooked up. caught a lot of crap for having a winch on a tiny stock jeep.
FrontNoLift1.jpg

then came my lift it was a a RC 3".
SideLift.jpg

thats how I found NAXJA. I couldn't figure out if I had a D35 or the 8.25
I had no clue what they looked like or what they were.
I signed up here, and promptly for got I had. about a year later I met a guy who recommended the site to me I came here tried to register, and got all pissed when my name was taken. so i tried my password and remembered what I had done.

bought some 30"s and black steels.
n5518453_36632526_1604.jpg

then on my first trip to raush this happened.
Jeepstuck.jpg

n5518453_37816751_7279.jpg

have you ever seen someone so happy to have just ruined their interior?
n5518453_37831879_2457.jpg

I tried to let it dry out. It didn't work so it came out.
4298_683497797826_5518453_39717992_.jpg

I couldn't afford to line it so I put my driver seat back in and drove it like that for a few months.

finallybought some.
CIMG5219.jpg

then came my TNT this thing was awesome. It allowed me to nun much harder trails. so at my first NACFest I put it to good use.
CIMG5252copy.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

it let me run and keep up with guys who were much more built and or experienced then I was
CIMG2194.jpg

then I did a gauge cluster swap and forgot to rite down my miles so I have no idea how many I have now, motor mounts, yellow top, oh and I did this
n5518453_37444320_8738.jpg

at my first NACfest I wont a protofab front bumper
2555149080056987571objtwN_ph.jpg

got it painted and mounted
CIMG5258.jpg

soon after that I got a sweet deal from Rich(roc2pus) on his old 5.5" long arm setup.
0901091838.jpg

it looked pretty doofy with all that lift and worn out 30"s so I sprung for some new rubber
0105101626.jpg

0107101639.jpg

And Im getting my taxes back soon and will be buying the stak 3 speed Tcase. Its gonna be bad ass!

BORING!!!!

I'll let you know how mine fits and what you should do :thumbup: (I might even start on it this weekend while I wait for 60 parts :shhh:)

nice bumper, i won the same one at nacfest last year

BORING!!!!

I'll let you know how mine fits and what you should do :thumbup: (I might even start on it this weekend while I wait for 60 parts :shhh:)

Ha, I'm sure he'll have his installed way before you even get around to your install.

at my first NACfest I wont a protofab front bumper
2555149080056987571objtwN_ph.jpg

LOL... I sent this pic out to the owner of Protofab, he had a good laugh and promptly printed it out and put it on his wall.

Ha, I'm sure he'll have his installed way before you even get around to your install.

:bs:

Im gunna remove a 231, cut floor, and jack a Stak up there this weekend just to prove you wrong!!!!! (And from experience, Im gunna order/replace the output seal thingy ahead of time :))

BORING!!!!

youv got to stop buying all these different color jeeps and focus on turning your sticker and box collection into a jeep.

So earlier today I placed the order for my stak 3 speed. Im pretty excited, although all that excitement is tempered with that depressing feeling you get when you spend alot of money for a singular thing that is relatively small in size.

I cant believe it was 400$ to ship the dam thing! I almost told the guy to forget about it, but Iv really weighed my options out and the gearing is spot on what I want, and other then a hole in the floor for the shifters it should be pretty simple to install.

Done by KOH?

I seriously doubt it. They don't keep any in stock due to the high cost and different options you can get it with. So they have to build it and ship it from the othersie of the country. Its gonna be a few weeks. Im hopeing. For nac fest. But the rear coils are my priority right now.

Back