• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5th Annual Fiesta Island BBQ Potluck - August 11th

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
I should probably put a reminder / invite out for everyone on here.

Date: Saturday, August 11th, 2007
Time: morning until whenever

Once a year the southern california XJ community gathers in Mission Bay on Fiesta Island for good family fun time in the sun. People usually bring their own food and a bit to share. Bring the water toys (jet ski's, kayaks, etc), RVs, RC cars, whatever.

Information on the location:
SanDiego.gov - Mission Bay - Fiesta Island | Park and Recreation

Here are some pics from previous years.

You can park your Jeep right on the sand. People come from far and wide. MJR usually comes, and Ryan Brown (rawbrown) with his brew and jet skis.

frenchie_ray_keith_mike_marisha_mike_ron_peter_ryan_ray_sm.jpg

IM0008_45-47_sm.jpg

IM0008_58-61_sm.jpg

group2.jpg

how long does this shin dig usally last. I am taking a motorcycle safety class in the morning into the afternon 3-4 ish I'd like to stop by if people are still hanging out.

Sounds like a blast, I will try to make it.

homebrew said:
how long does this shin dig usally last. I am taking a motorcycle safety class in the morning into the afternon 3-4 ish I'd like to stop by if people are still hanging out.

A few people show up REAL early in the morning and trickle in throughout the morning, and things are in full swing by noon for eating and what not.

4 o'clock and after? Can't say for sure, it's just until whenever. By that time there might be a few people hangin out. I'm usually out around sunset. By that time I think there's usually just a couple of people.

I.ll be there for sure and I'll bring a 10x10 easyup shade
Sounds like fun

I'll be there after my class is over. Gotta go learn hows not to kill myself on a motorcycle.

UPDATE * SIGN-UP SHEET * UPDATE

Please use the sign up sheet so we don't have a million bags of chips and soda. This will let everyone know what you are intending to bring/share. Tables will be needed.

You will need to "add a record" for yourself on this yahoo groups database, and what items you will be bringing.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/socalxj/database/

General rule of thumb, bring some for yourself, as well as a bit extra for some people, and we will have plenty of grub.

If you aren't a member of socalxj, you just need a yahoo account, it's free, and quick.

I guess I should mention before someone gets their drawers in a twist on the links to yahoo groups, this event is not a NAXJA sponsered event, it's a nothing sponsered event, it's very informal. Everyone just shows up and brings a ton of grub and everyone has a good time. The sign-up list is as formal as it gets, and as formal as it has ever been. nuff said

:sure:

My wife and child are coming to this.

we'll be bringing lots of plates and cups so everyone doesnt have to.

Looking forward to finally going to my first Fiesta/Vacation island event!

I have to be at work at 11 in Del Mar, so I'll be showin up around 9ish

Quick reminder, if people have folding tables, please bring them, we'll need them for setting up stuff. There is no picnic tables on fiesta island.

Speaking of ammenities, for those unfamiliar with the location, please check out the san diego mission bay website. No glass containers, no camping (open 6AM-10PM) no restrooms (although there could be porta-potties, I've seen them there in the past).

http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/missionbay/fiestaisland.shtml

I also have 2 folding tables...I'll try to pack it all in with the baby jogger and other crapola. :) need room for the cooler ya know.

djblade311 said:
I also have 2 folding tables...I'll try to pack it all in with the baby jogger and other crapola. :) need room for the cooler ya know.

Time for a safari rack like mine. You can fit a lot of babies up there. I mean baby STUFF.

then my jeep wont fit in the garage. :D and my townhome association manager is a Nazi about parking

djblade311 said:
then my jeep wont fit in the garage. :D and my townhome association manager is a Nazi about parking

Riiiight, Nazi's. Im sure that's why you garage your Jeep. Is she nazi about th buffing and waxing too? :D :D :D

you have no idea....by city ordinance and HOA rules, we're required to park two vehicles in the garage if we own two. My wife is on the board and the HOA manager even towed my wifes car for accidentally leaving it in visitors..

I have many more stories I can share Saturday

Back