• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrench Party. Sun. March 14th

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys we have a new member here on NAXJA (John Yarborough) who has been buying parts like crazy over the last couple months for his build. He's a good friend of mine and somehow I hooked him into the XJ mania. So far he's picked up a RE 4.5" lift, gas skid, rock rails, sye, cv driveshaft for the rear and some other small things. Tires and rims will be in soon. I thought we could help him out and welcome him into the NAXJA world. I am offering up my place for wrenching up in Forest Falls. Food and drinks will be provided and maybe we can do a short snow run at the end of the day or all meet up at a local resturant. This would be a great opportunity for some new guys to come up and join in. It can be an unofficial M&G/wrench party all in one.

We will need to get his lift, t-case (with sye), and rear drive shaft installed that day. SYE is already installed into a t-case we got from Skullver. We will need to yank his current t-case out that day and install the new t-case and sye. We will try to have the rock rails and gas skid already installed by the wrenching date. We will also try to get the tires and rims mounted and balanced and ready to go by the date as well. Hopefully we will have a good turnout and see some new faces.

By the way the wrench party is also probably going to be a garage sale of my unwanted Jeep stuff. Some will be free and the rest will be cheap. I have a radiator out of my 2000 XJ that worked fine when it was in last. That will be free. I have a couple 35" mud tires with over 90% tread left but one has a plug and the other is starting to crack. Both should only be used as a spare and both hold air. Those are free. I will also have a 35" All terrain with about 30% tread. That will be $40. I also have a brand new oil pump that is still in box. Not sure what I paid for it. Whatever I paid I will sale it for 50% of that. I will look for the receipt later. Came from Napa. I will also have a set of 4 35" x 12.5" x 15" Maxxis Bighorns with 30-40% tread left. I will probably sale the set for $200 obo. I also have an 06 TJ 0331 head with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty on it. Bought to replace my head but then realized that entire engine was toast. Replaced entire motor so I no longer need the head. I paid $300 for the head. I would be willing to sale it for half that. It is used, so you may want to have a machine shop resurface the head to guarantee a tight seat on the block. (not a must, but a good idea for peace of mind). I will also post this stuff in the for sale section later. I just wanted to give guys who may come up to help with wrenching a heads up. Whatever doesn't sale that day will then be posted in the for sale section. I'm too lazy to look out in the garage right now, but I KNOW I have a bunch more stuff out there that needs to go. I will go out there tomorrow and then update this thread.

"Pencil" me in and send me a pm as the date gets closer please. I'd like to help out, but its hard for me to say for sure if I'll be available that far in advance.

I appreciate the help. Your right about it being far in advance, but I wanted to make sure I gave everyone plenty of time to put it on the calendar. I'm really glad to see someone wanting to help out that I havn't met. I look forward to meeting you.

looks like i have to get my rc running again....brad im in...want us to bring anything???

hey brad i'm right here in yucaipa i can come up when ever and help ya out just let me know

Im in, Oh wait its my XJ we are working on. Thanks guys in advance for the hand. Rest assured there will be plenty of food and drinks to keep you going that day. See you all there. Looking forward to meeting some new faces and finally be able to get out and run with you all.

john... i'll see what i can do to get my butt over there to meet u and help u with ur rig as well..

looks like i have to get my rc running again....brad im in...want us to bring anything???

My tool arsinal is average at best. I will probably need a couple more Jack stands and one more complete socket set. I have one, but a lot of the bolts require the same size sockets and having another set there would keep us moving a little quicker. Vince has a really nice set that I may try to borrow. It's what we used to do my engine swap and it was great.

BTW, if we don't get a chane to meet up before this, I will have the Outlaw II rims ready for you.

Last edited:
In regards to stuff I need to get rid of; I found my old fan clutch that is actually rather new. I think I used it for about 9 months before I swapped out the entire cooling and fan system. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it's free to whoever shows up and wants it. I also found another tire. This one is a 33" mud terrain with maybe 10-15% tread. I used it as my Wrangler spare for a short time. Worthless as a DD tire, but holds air and would be fine for a trail spare. This is also free.

Sweet. Looks like we have a good group so far.

Back