• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale Or Trade: '91 2 Door XJ, Lift, Bumpers, Engine/Trans Swap, etc.

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
I'm selling my Cherokee to buy a Wrangler or I will trade for one as well. It can be either a '91-'95 YJ or a TJ. I prefer something that's stock and running good. Must be a 4.0L or V8, and must be a manual. I know, I know... But I miss the whole open air feeling. If I had more money I'd just do a conversion with the XJ and put in a cage.. but I can't afford that.

I don't mind trading for something that's modified, but the lift and other mods must be in good condition and not rigged together or anything.

My Jeep Info:

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Mileage on Body: 155,000 roughly
Engine: 1993 XJ 4.0L - Mileage 80,000 roughly
Oil: Mobile 1 Synthetic Truck And 4x4/SUV
Transmission: 2001 XJ NV3550 - Mileage 80,000 roughly
Clutch: Centerforce Stage II
Transfercase: Factory NP231
Suspension: 5.5" lift (Rubicon Express springs, Energy Suspension spacers, Teraflex shackles), Old Man Emu Long Travel shocks, Rubicon Express Gen II sway bar disco's, Rubicon Express Adjustable Track Bar, OME steering stabilizer
Tires/Rims: 33x12.50x15" Mickey Thompson MTZ's on 15x10" AR-767's, 33x12.50x15" Dunlop Radial Mud Rover on a 15x8" Cragar 441 as a spare
Front Axle: 1989 XJ High Pinion Dana 30 front with the 2 piece vacuum disconnect which does not function properly at this time (3.55 gearing)
Rear Axle: 1987 XJ Dana 44 rear with Clear GearZ diff cover (3.55 gearing)
Misc mods: ARB Safari Snorkel, K&N drop in filter, 190* t-stat, Rubicon Express 62mm throttle body, Hella E-code H4 headlight conversion, IPF H4 Magic Bulbs with blue glow rings, Hella upgraded headlight wiring harness, custom front 56 LED oval turn signals, clear side markers with LED's, European Spec rear brake lights (One is damaged, I can get another matching one or leave it how it is), OR-Fab Winch Bumper with hoop, Yakima Bike Rack cross bar/wind deflector, Olympic Rear Rock Bumper with swing out, Bushwacker flares (I have since installed the rears as well), billet aluminum shift knob, front clear corners, Dynomax cat back system Electronics: JVC KDLH910 50x4 CD/SD Card/MP3/WMA/motorized plate, Rockford Fosgate Punch 600 watt amp, 1 JL 10W1v2-4 sub, JL speakers, Uniden Pro 520X CB with PA system with 4' Firestick antenna.

The "bad": Front carpet and rear seat carpet has been removed. There is minor rust on the driver side and passenger side floor boards. Inspection ran out in October, but I can have it inspected again. It's missing mirrors and does have a crack in the windshield on the passenger side. There are misc dents, but I can have my body shop friends try to pop them out if you want.

What I am keeping: Wheels, tires, audio system (I have the factory Jeep stereo unit to put back in), headlight housings/bulbs and wiring harness (I will put it all back to stock), 62mm RE Throttle Body, you can keep the KC Slimlight fogs, I have 3 KC Daylighters that are on there now that I'd like to keep.

Photos from earlier in the year:

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_1165.jpg

If you're interested, please make an offer for cash or your trade. PM or e-mail: [email protected]. Thanks!

More recent pics (Still without the Bushwackers installed.. I get shots of that shortly):

DSC_1472.jpg

DSC_1470.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

texinteg said:
How much if you were to sell outright?

I'd honestly like to see $4000 obo for it. I am open to offers... If I can't sell it I'll either part it out back to stock and sell it stock, OR just keep it. I love it... I just miss having a convertible.

texinteg said:
Awesome jeep but probably a little too much my for my GF. Trying to get her into wheeling.

Thanks! Yah it really isn't bad at all on the highway and such, but if she's on the short side she'd prob. have issues getting in/out. I'm 6'4" so I didn't really notice that until today when I let one of the guys here at work who's 5'5" drive it.

My friend wants to trade me his YJ with a Chevy 327 V8, TH350 and NP203.. straight up... I am HIGHLY considering it.. I just need to drive it.

Open to trades for stock or near stock YJ's. This is your chance to trade your stocker for a decently built XJ while keeping it in the [square] family ;-) I really miss having a YJ and want one before the weather warms up!!

As stated the inspection has run out, BUT I have pieces to fix it so it passes and it WILL be inspected tomorrow.

Pics from a couple days ago covered in salt.. I'll take some today if I take it to the care wash. Poser flex in the parking lot here at Quadratec:

DSC_1836.jpg

DSC_1833.jpg

DSC_1826.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg

DSC_1823.jpg

Ghost....is that a single Thule or Yakima tower/crossbar assembly? If it's Thule i would be interested in it. I have 2 Thule's now and want a third or even 4th.

texinteg said:
If you decide you want to part any of it out let me know.

I most likely won't part it out. If I find a Wrangler I like and the owner doesn't want to trade, I'll drop the price of the XJ relative to that. I barely have time to part anything out.

John B said:
Ghost....is that a single Thule or Yakima tower/crossbar assembly? If it's Thule i would be interested in it. I have 2 Thule's now and want a third or even 4th.

It's a THULE rack. The rear piece was knocked off somewhere while wheeling. I have the actual portions for the bikes to go in. They're sitting right next to me now and are for sale. IF I do ever part out the Jeep, one of my XJ friends in Jersey claimed dibs on the front portion 2 weeks ago :) Thanks though.

Sale pending.

Back