NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Intermountain Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Intermountain Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old May 1st, 2018, 13:28
Degenerate Jeeper

Trail Leaders Needed for the 35th Anniversary Celebration Event in Moab

The Board of Directors is working hard to plan a great 35th Anniversary celebration event in Moab, Utah, from Tuesday, October 7 through Saturday, October 13, 2018. Of course the event will feature multiple options daily for runs through Moab’s world-famous offroad trails. To make this happen, we need volunteers to lead the runs!

Tentatively, and in no particular order, we need leaders for the following trails:

Seven-mile Rim
Strike Ravine
Hell’s Revenge
Top of the World
Fins & Things
Steel Bender
Flat Iron Mesa
Moab Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Secret Spire
Dome Plateau
Poison Spider Mesa
Kane Creek
Cliffhanger
Klondike Bluffs
Metal Masher
Behind the Rocks
Shaffer Trail/Lathrop
Porcupine Rim
Elephant Hill
Gold Bar Rim/Golden Spike

As you can see, we’ll need a lot of volunteers to lead these runs, especially since some of the same trails may be scheduled for runs on more than one day. Without volunteers, the event cannot be the big success we all hope it will be. So, if you are familiar with any of these trails, please step up and volunteer! If you’ve ever led any runs on these trails before, please step up and volunteer! If you’ve ever led any runs anywhere else, please step up and volunteer! If you’ve never led any run anywhere but you have GPS or can read a map and you have a CB or ham radio and a reliable rig and a can-do attitude, please step up and volunteer!

Please respond here if you can help, or feel free to contact me backchannel if you prefer by pm, or by e-mail to my screen name @ .org, or by call or text to (five 6 too*) six 7 six - seven 7 zero 2.

If I’ve omitted from the list above any trails that you think should be included, please let me know.

*Mis-spelling is intentional. No need to point it out.
Old August 10th, 2018, 12:40
Degenerate Jeeper

Re: Trail Leaders Needed for the 35th Anniversary Celebration Event in Moab

Believe it or not, there are still some scheduled runs with no designated run leader.

Can I get a volunteer, please, for Flat Iron Mesa on Tuesday, October 9?

Or how about Strike Ravine on Wednesday?

Cliff Hanger, Thursday, anyone?

Poison Spider Mesa and Where Eagles Dare, Friday?

Anyone want to lead the long run Saturday from Gold Bar Rim to Golden Spike to Poison Spider Mesa?

The sooner we get the schedule filled in, the sooner I can stop pestering all you good people with these tiresome posts!

Oh, and once again: a big heart-felt THANK YOU to those who have already volunteered!
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:56
Degenerate Jeeper

I guess my whining is paying off because people have really been stepping up recently and volunteering to lead runs, which is greatly appreciated!

Here is the complete up-to-the-minute list of runs that are still in need of leaders:

Dome Plateau – a moderate level run – on Wednesday, October 10;

Cliff Hanger on Thursday;

Moab Rim – likely a shortish three- or four-hour run – on Friday;

Behind the Rocks, Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass – a moderate level scenic run – also on Saturday.

Any takers?
Old August 21st, 2018, 14:39
Degenerate Jeeper

Here is an updated list of runs for which we still need leaders:

Dome Plateau on Wednesday, October 10;

Cliff Hanger, Thursday;

Lathrop Canyon, Friday;

Behind the Rocks, Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass, also Saturday.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!
Old August 21st, 2018, 15:16
Degenerate Jeeper

Cliff Hanger is covered. So that leaves just:

Dome Plateau;

Lathrop Canyon;

Behind the Rocks, and;

La Sal Pass.

We’re getting close!
Old August 24th, 2018, 13:33
Degenerate Jeeper

We're getting down to the wire. We still need leaders for:

Lathrop Canyon on Friday;

Behind the Rocks on Saturday, and;

La Sal Pass -- a moderate level run -- also on Saturday.
Old September 13th, 2018, 14:38
Degenerate Jeeper

I hope to finish up and post a link later today to the official run list, with staging and communications information, and all that good stuff. So stand by for that.

Meanwhile, we are still looking for leaders for Behind the Rocks and La Sal Pass, both of which runs are scheduled for Saturday, the final day of the event. If no one steps up to lead these runs we'll have to cancel them, which may be OK as that'll still leave two -sanctioned runs to chose from on Saturday, though nothing for stock or mildly built rigs.
Old September 17th, 2018, 13:08
Degenerate Jeeper

The member who was going to lead the Moab Rim run on Friday will not be able to attend the event due to unforeseen circumstances beyond his control. Will someone else please step forward to lead this run?

Behind the Rocks on Saturday also still needs a leader.

Thanks to all who have stepped up!