• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dallas Engine Repair?

rubbercow

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I cross-posted this to a local forum and haven't had much luck yet. Thought I'd try the broader NAXJA:

I have a ’01 XJ with the awful 331 head, and of course, it is cracked. I'm looking for someone (preferably a shop, but I am open to shade-tree if recommended by the community) with experience in swapping to a tupy head and checking out the block/bearings to see if they can be saved. I called most of the offroad shops (and a few others) and they're focused on full long block swaps, not internals.

Y'all know anyone local? Thank you.

Hi all,

I cross-posted this to a local forum and haven't had much luck yet. Thought I'd try the broader NAXJA:

I have a ’01 XJ with the awful 331 head, and of course, it is cracked. I'm looking for someone (preferably a shop, but I am open to shade-tree if recommended by the community) with experience in swapping to a tupy head and checking out the block/bearings to see if they can be saved. I called most of the offroad shops (and a few others) and they're focused on full long block swaps, not internals.

I highly recommend my friend Toni - http://travelintoolbox.com/

He has space at his place to work on things now as well, so he should be able to get you squared away!

Hi all,

So what did you end up doing?

Back