• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest 2016! (Registration is Open Now!)

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE.

http://nacfest2016.ezregister.com

NACFEST DETAILS AND DISCUSSION IS BEING MOVED TO THE OFFICIAL EVENTS FORUM. CLICK http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=369

Its that time of year again, folks! NacFest2016 will again be held at Rausch Creek Off Road Park, beginning thursday, June 23rd, thru Sunday, June 26th. There will be a dinner and raffle on saturday evening. New this year is an option to visit Anthracite Off Road Park. Camping for this year will remain at Twin Grove Campground. Please note that tent sites as well as cabins are at a premium and early reservation is highly recommended. Event registration will be open shortly, but be advised that camping reservation is not guaranteed. Reserve early!! Primitive camping is available at Rausch Creek, but the dinner and raffle will be held at Twin Grove. More details to follow, but the date is SET.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NacFest 2016!

If I'm not out at the Badlands for a race this year, I'm in. Of course that means I'm not gonna know until a week or two before, but that's par for the course. I'm easily accommodated. :)

Thanks for handling the arrangements this time around, it's not easy and sounds like it's even more complicated this year.

I'm a little confused about the optional visit to Anthracite. What's going on with that? A group heading there for one of the days?

Yes, Bob. One of the days. More than likely Friday. We want to leave it as "optional" for the simple reason that some people come a good distance to our event, and I should think that some of those folks wouldn't want to have to pay to renew their Rausch Creek membership to only wheel there for one day, which could happen if we made it part of the official run.

Haven't not been to Anthracite myself yet, I can't honestly say how far of a drive it actually is from our "official" camping home base. I wasn't comfortable setting the event up with any unknowns this year. To my knowledge, only Andy has actually been there yet. It is in planning stages to get a dedicated weekend run there, but incorporating it into nacfest this year seems unwise. We have every reason to keep things running smoothly this year!

Haven't not been to Anthracite myself yet, I can't honestly say how far of a drive it actually is from our "official" camping home base. I wasn't comfortable setting the event up with any unknowns this year. To my knowledge, only Andy has actually been there yet. It is in planning stages to get a dedicated weekend run there, but incorporating it into nacfest this year seems unwise. We have every reason to keep things running smoothly this year!

It's a good 30-40 minutes from Rausch, whether you take the highway or backroads. I've been there twice (though I wouldn't consider myself familiar with the trail system yet), and between Andy and me, I'm sure we know enough people to set something up there should there be enough demand for it.

Questions for Chris and Andy:

What are the trails like at Anthracite? Are there things for stock/near stock rigs to do, or is it like F&F up north where if I don't have 33s, lockers, and a healthy disregard for body damage I'm exiled to the local Class-7 roads? I'll have to try and find time to look for a website, but I'm interested in the impressions of someone who's actually been there also.

Myself, I don't mind spending the cash to renew my Rausch membership, since it's an easy way for me to support the place even if I can't get out to trail cutting events or even wheel too often.

X2 on the date ! I'm going to the jeep beach invasion to help run a vendor Booth a week before this so this is perfect rite now . I'm down for whatever you guys want to do but this sounds good so far .

We have cabin q32, by the creek again. May stretch it to the entire week but for now coming in Wednesday night. Just an FYI there will be no change in date, this is it!

The cabin next to us is also still available and a good location, #q28...good parking, bathroom right there. Just a head's up

Just locked in my H-series Kottage for my usual pattern.

Back