• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just another ton swap

Nightcrawler6.5

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, new the the forum. Had to reach out to something other than facebook groups. I'm currently doing a ton swap in my 00 Xj. 03 superduty Hp d60 in the front and can't seem to find any info on doing it without a truss. Anybody have any info on such a thing? I'm on a 6.5" long arm already. Also could use some info on driveshafts. I'm running Tim woods shafts now with a sye thanks in advance for any info

Hello, new the the forum. Had to reach out to something other than facebook groups. I'm currently doing a ton swap in my 00 Xj. 03 superduty Hp d60 in the front and can't seem to find any info on doing it without a truss. Anybody have any info on such a thing? I'm on a 6.5" long arm already. Also could use some info on driveshafts. I'm running Tim woods shafts now with a sye thanks in advance for any info

I had a 79 housing so I didn't have the unfavorable offset you have, but a truss makes it easier as do coilovers . I know you can cut some of the casting off that driver side to make more room for a traditional coil and shock . mount . I have been meaning to do different drive shafts but I got behind so I'll be running 1310 cardans again this year. .my front is 1310x1310 rear is 1310 and 1310x1350 at the axle . I ordered some forged slip yokes to put on in place of the standard 1310 which are not forged like 1350 and bigger stuff . The non forged 1310 yokes tend to twist the ears off the slip yoke before the u joint breaks. . 1310s will get you through a lot just remember what you have and carry a spare you can make spares from xj and wj front cardab drive shafts clearance the yokes before you install them and you have basicly what get with Tom woods for $20

you could use the stock munts or hack them off and go 3 link.
U think I'd go 3 link raise lower links to axle centerline set upper so link seperatis adjustable 7-9"
9" seperation for bigger than 33s 7" for 33" and smaller

You can do it without a truss. All you need are upper and lower link mounts, a track bar mount, shock mounts, and coil spring mounts if you’re using coil springs instead of coilovers. A truss is what most people use because it requires less thinking and provides rigidity which increases strength when welded correctly.

Back