• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

People w/ Paragon experience, stupid question for ya..

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I've been reading up at the paragon homepage to get myself ready to head out there hopefully before they close down if they do. Tomorrow i will be finishing up my 94 XJ w/ a RE5.5" kit and 33" mt's. (and all required equipment for the trails) However i dont have lockers yet or the money to get them...and i deffinatly want to get out there sooner than later just in case they close up. Anyways, i have some off road experience from private land around here in CT but nothing major, some rocks a few hill climbs, and a few water crossings (about 8" deep w/ mud and or rock at the bottom). My question is, if i'm careful enough and drive w/ the fact that this is also my DD in mind...can i successfully get through novice or intermediate trails w/out breaking anything? It says there are bypasses for SOME sections, and if the obstacle looks bad enough i would naturally bypass it until i have a different DD. Doing so, what do you all think, is paragon a safe place to wheel if your careful enough?

oops, my bad...i thought it said somewhere that the courts were in an appeal or something and the trails were open while the appeal is taking place?

They are still open on weekends only.... they have an injuction allowing them to operate pending the appeals. You can definitely make it through the easier trails no problem. Check out the greens/blue 1's and you should be fine with minimal damage. Have a great time.

they got an appeal and are open on weekends, cash only, no credit cards, and everybody has to fill out the waiver again, since they don't have computers running in the small trailer they're using now.

as far as safety goes... do you have good skid plates? if you have good engine/tranny skids, gas tank skid, and rocker skids, you should be pretty safe. rocker skids are optional, but nice to have. of course, it depends on what trails you'll do, and if there is any ice left on the trails. with 33s, Green trails will be easy (no skids needed for you), and Blues will be a little more challenging.

Back