• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift kit choice, advice or personal experience

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys so I have settled on either an iron rock offroad lift or a rusty long arm. Which do you guys think? Thanks guys in advance.

I've seen Rusty's parts literally fall apart more than a dozen times in my XJ career, nearly killing two of our chapter members (parts just breaking in half going down the freeway).

There's no question that IRO is the only choice of the two.

I fully understand there are more than two choices but I refuse to spend the absurd amount of money that Clayton want for their lifts. I've never heard of polyperformance.

I fully understand there are more than two choices but I refuse to spend the absurd amount of money that Clayton want for their lifts. I've never heard of polyperformance.

But you don't have to worry about there stuff failing, same can't be said for IRO and Rustys

Absurd? I mean, the stuff isn't cheap but I'd say it's regarded as one of the top 3 in off the shelf XJ kits manufacturers. You can buy a part at half price that will wear out after a few wheeling trips and 15k miles or you can buy something that will outlast the truck.

so... im building myself a 3 link, loosely based on the clayton design. i bought all of my builders parts from barnes (and got a discount) and i sourced all my material from a local supplier (and got a discount). by the time i factor in the cost of consumables (cutting wheels, wire, gas) i really am not all that far ahead of just buying the clayton stuff. its a pretty fair price for a product thats proven.

the only reason i decided to build my own was because i wanted to design and control the geometry myself.

Ok so after going back and really looking, I owe some people an apology. The Clayton 3 link kit really is not as much as I thought it was. If it's as good as everyone says they are I guess $2500 is not that bad for a good lift. Thanks for the advice guys, I really do appreciate it. This is why I continue to be a paid member of naxja.

Lake have you tired pricing it out by pieces? Like leafs and front springs and shocks and a long arm kit? Im running 3.5in leafs and springs from Rubicon express a long with there budget lift shackels and spacers and shocks from ironrock offroad. I'm around 700 dollars in just the lift, and plan on getting a clayton long arms next which i think those are around the 880 dollar range. Food for thought but you be disappointed in the clayton 3 link kit.

Back