• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.D. Offroad no lift shackle relocation install

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
First off this is an install thread, I will not talk price or delivery in this thread, please see the vendor forum for that info.

First begin by removing shackle bolt and lower suspension so you have enough room to work. Then cut around all corners of the OEM shackle box.

DSC_0062_zpsa39acf34.jpg

Put H.D. Relocation box in place and mark through holes for the inside mounting plate and drill the holes.

DSC_0063_zps7dc1ef6f.jpg

Install H.D. relocation box and supplied hardware (does not include nutstrips), comes with a 1/4" spacer place so kit can be mounted against frame or below a hitch.

DSC_0064_zps486c3161.jpg

Interior mounting plate also functions as a cage tie in mount.

DSC_0065_zps8087a0b1.jpg

Use supplied bolt and nut and reinstall shackle in desired location.

DSC_0070_zps05835ea1.jpg

As you can see there is clearance for stock shackles.

DSC_0068_zpsa3eeb64c.jpg

By using the lower holes you not only recieve a better angle but DO NOT lose lift by just moving the shackle forward.

Last edited:
So do just the three bolts connected to the nut strip hold this in place? I went with your original ones because I don't like how much side load "no lift" relocaters will see.

Any concerns with high speed jeeps?

It also bolts through the floor and to the original shackle bolt hole. With the ability to now tie these into the cage, they would probably be stronger in the long run.

Looks like there is a lot of adjustment available with these... is it possible to use the lower bolt holes and still get a little lift out of them, or will there be no increase in lift with this design no matter which holes are used?

I was already planning on buying your existing shackle relocators... a little lift might not be a bad thing since I want to rework my spring pack to soften it up a bit ... but if these give me both options (lift or no lift) I would go with these.

it would be cool to see a pic of how they look installed on a Jeep so we could get an idea of where everything sits. I think these may actually clear my exhaust which would be another nice thing vs. the previous design.

Last edited:
The hole I have that shackle in is about 35 degrees for a stock shackle. So if you use a longer than stock shackle and use that hole you might end up with a hair of lift.

Also the brackets will come with 2 extra spacers instead of 1 so you could drop the entire assembly 1/2".....

Pics on a rig coming soon.

Got my bracket set in today. I feel it is important that I report my disappointment, though please note I have not spoken with HD yet or asked for any sort of refund. If you are ordering these, please do yourself a favor and read the description veryclosely. This kit does not actually come with bacon. (n)

Damn bacon was supposed to be subliminal, I guess I put to many pieces in the pic....

Back