• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fix or replace?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So somehow my dad did this:
armbent.jpg

He explained to me a frozen swobank and his jeep met up somewhere,and something about airtime.... its just the passenger lower axle mount. Not quite sure what to do here. Pull the arm,straighten and gusset? or find someone with a weld on bracket?any ideas?

his specs are:92 xj 4dr, 4.5 re superride.everything else looks fine! may have been better to taco a stocker arm.

The more you bend it the weaker it will get. Straightening it will only make it weaker.

Too bad its not an adjustable arm. I'm sure his alignment is out now.

The more you bend it the weaker it will get. Straightening it will only make it weaker.

Too bad its not an adjustable arm. I'm sure his alignment is out now.
strange thing is it isn't , the bushings suck up alot! still centered, re1600 appears fine, steering is straight, still tracks good, steering centers and tracks,and the upper is straight.

so hack it off and get a new one? where?

strange thing is it isn't , the bushings suck up alot! still centered, re1600 appears fine, steering is straight, still tracks good, steering centers and tracks,and the upper is straight.

so hack it off and get a new one? where?

If it still does all that...leave it be.

The correct fix .. Cut the bent one off and weld a new one on.

I have straightened bent ones before and reinforced with flat stock. They will straighten up pretty easy the problem lies where the metal meets the welds ,tiny stress cracks form. So just make sure you weld and reinforce..

Good Luck

Nick

Back